PDA

View Full Version : Old blue

liquidguitars
10-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Here is a photo of a blue violin.

Its out of the shop this week to a clent for sale.

I feel a void that only building one more will heal. :)

http://liquidguitars.com/assets/images/ElectricViolinBlueR002.jpg

one more pic.

http://liquidguitars.com/assets/images/ElectricViolinBlueR001.jpg

LG

mtylerfl
10-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Here is a photo of a blue violin.

Its out of the shop this week to a clent for sale.

I feel a void that only building one more will heal. :)

one more pic.

http://liquidguitars.com/assets/images/ElectricViolinBlueR001.jpg

LG

Oh my goodness!! My desktop and keyboard won't take any more drool, LG! You've just got to stop building all this cool stuff!

Gosh - I DO love that! Superb, as usual!

Ike
10-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Oh my goodness!! My desktop and keyboard won't take any more drool, LG! You've just got to stop building all this cool stuff!

Gosh - I DO love that! Superb, as usual!

What he said!! LG is that made with your CW or all by hand?

Ike

liquidguitars
10-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Thank you!

Ike,

Yes all on the Carvewright even the BRW custom bridge, I relay pride myself to use the Carvewrigt as much as possible it a sick little game for me . I not even used my drill press for over a year now! Just imagine all the drillouts needed in guitar design, not so bad for a hobby CNC.

However I buy the tunning pegs and tail piece but i have some thoughts on that :)

LG

jpaluck
10-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Just two words F*****G INCREDIBLE

Kenm810
10-31-2009, 01:38 PM
LG,

Beautiful -- Simply -- Beautiful :cool:

dbfletcher
10-31-2009, 01:42 PM
That is awsome LG! Excellent!

Doug Fletcher

Ike
10-31-2009, 02:12 PM
WOW WOW!!! No it is not sick at all! You may remember I used to own a big 48" by 96" Shopbot and I attended their Jamboree at San Mateo Ca. As I attended all the demo's and classes on using the SB my attention was to the CW and how much easier it was to design this or that!

Of course I sold the SB and never used it and I am waiting for my 4th ordered machine ( Al owns one and I have a working CW and a CC part machine) So is it sick this little hobby machine made that work of art that I am sure just the price of old blue can buy you another CW or two! No not sick at all!

Yes it took rocket scientist to make this great machine and the best is the software that some fail to realize it allows you make projects that takes more then one application software with other machines like the SB!

One day LHR will come out with a "commercial" machine, but for now we will enjoy our hobby machine(s)! There is another reason several of us own more then one machine!

LG you have mastered this machine and designer and your works shows this to be true! I love it !! Someday I will go beyond signs! What am I saying I am a POM member so it will be Monday I start!!

Ike

Thank you!

Ike,

Yes all on the Carvewright even the BRW custom bridge, I relay pride myself to use the Carvewrigt as much as possible it a sick little game for me . I not even used my drill press for over a year now! Just imagine all the drillouts needed in guitar design, not so bad for a hobby CNC.

However I buy the tunning pegs and tail piece but i have some thoughts on that :)

LG

Woodhacker
10-31-2009, 02:16 PM
...as usual. If I keep hacking around the software and closely reading the tips and tricks and carving, carving, carving...I hope I will be able to turn out something as cool as your violins. Great job.

fwharris
10-31-2009, 02:52 PM
LG,

WOW, I do not think I could say anything that has not ableady been said!!

swhitney
10-31-2009, 06:14 PM
AWESOME!!!

We are not worthy....we are not worthy.....

PCW
10-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Good Job!!! Love the Blue.

TIMCOSBY
11-01-2009, 12:27 AM
he had let them use old blue for some commercials "take your son hunting so you dont have to hunt for your son" it showed a young boy and old blue running in a pasture up to an old tree. the guy that made the commercials didnt know they had been released yet and got a call one night from jerry saying "i'll be there in ten minutes son come on out i'ma gunna whoop ya!" he said now hold on whats wrong. jerry said you know whats wrong....you let that boy beat old blue to that tree.... so come on out and take your whoopin...

liquidguitars
11-01-2009, 01:25 AM
My Mom played me this tune when i was growing up.

Have a dog and her name is Blue, bet ya five bucks she a hunter 2, Blue Blue she a good dog you. She cornered a possum up a persimmon tree, Blue looked at possum, possum looked at me, Blue, Blue your a good dog you.

I will pass on the part when blue get sick..

when I get to heaven tel ya what i gowning to do I will get my horn and call for old Blue. Blue Blue, your a good dog you.

LG

Griz64
11-01-2009, 01:39 AM
WOW. I cannot even think of the words to say to show how impressed I am with your work. You have more talent in one hair of your head than I will ever have. I bow to you sir.

STEAM
11-01-2009, 05:32 AM
LG
You are truly a master. That is beautiful.

hogiewan
11-01-2009, 06:36 AM
LG
You are truly a master. That is beautiful.

ditto

great finish! What did you use?

SteveEJ
11-01-2009, 06:37 AM
LG, Another AMAZZZZZZZIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG piece of work..

You are truly a Master!

RayTrek
11-01-2009, 09:29 AM
LG,
Truly a work of Art, I say to any ho ask what this machine can do, “Look at what a master can do with it” and so can you if you apply the time, education and creativity.
Thanks for letting us see your creations they are truly beautiful.
Ray

liquidguitars
11-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks but it's not at all that hard to do!

ditto

great finish! What did you use?

I do a lot of experiments when it come to finish, for this violin the first thing I do after the violin is glued is to wet the wood to raise the grain, will bring to the surface all the grooves that the carvewright adds during the main carving, then i sand with 80 grit, 120, and 320, clean with MEK, add a coat of clear min wax, let dry about 10 mins and add the color here we are using blue water base dye. last time i skipped the Min wax so it not required.

After, a few coats of high quality lacquer to build up then, sand 320/600 and topcoat with the same.

Finish tip:
The first coat of finish should go on light but does on have to be thinned just misted, and flashed, then you can build up the finish with thick coats do not sand until you have a lot of finish on the surface.

LG

Dhaffner
11-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the finish overview....
that's a lovely piece. I would love to hear how one of these sounds...any youtube links for someone playing one of these or one of your guitars?

liquidguitars
11-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the finish overview....
that's a lovely piece. I would love to hear how one of these sounds...any youtube links for someone playing one of these or one of your guitars?

Thanks Dhaffer,

Not very good but you can here the Violin and pizeo pickups. I was thinking it had a old movie like sound..

www.liquidguitars.com/ViolinMAG06.wma

LG

hogiewan
11-02-2009, 02:13 PM
LG - check your PMs

Eagle Hollow
11-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Yup,LG

I remember that song from somewhere?

Watched this video and it reminded me of you. Enjoy! http://widgets.espn.go.com/cscallback/ur...

ajk
11-03-2009, 05:40 PM
:shock:LG:This violin, finishing and color is excellent,WOW.