PDA

View Full Version : Mini Gloat for New Toy

c6craig
10-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi guys,

I got home today to a nice suprise, my new dust collector arrived!! It was supposed to be backordered for another 2 weeks, so it was a pleasant suprise to get a call from my wife telling me it was here.

She let me pick it out at the beginning of the month for my birthday, and when she called me today she said "Honey, you remember that "little" dust collector you picked? Well it just showed up on a pallet.." LOL

OK, I MAY have underplayed its size just a hair.... :p

It's a Delta 1 1/2 HP 1200CFM with the canister filter. I figure it's about all the size I can handle for a shop garage right now, I can always upgrade or add another later.

Now I just want to get one of those hanging air filters from Jet that filter the air a couple times every x minutes.....

Thanks,
Craig

fwharris
10-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Craig,

Oh come on now open the box so we all can see!!! Or do you have to wait for your birthday?

Looks like a good unit and should compliment your machines and shop very well.

c6craig
10-30-2009, 09:14 PM
LOL my birthday was the 7th so I'm in the clear. I had some odds and ends to take care of tonight, but I just opened a beer and am about to attack the pallet with a box cutter :-D

Will post more pics when I get this thing together!

Craig

mtylerfl
10-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Craig,

You've got a really nice looking workshop there! Love those steel-door cabinets! Cool!

Ike
10-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Hi guys,

I got home today to a nice suprise, my new dust collector arrived!! It was supposed to be backordered for another 2 weeks, so it was a pleasant suprise to get a call from my wife telling me it was here.

She let me pick it out at the beginning of the month for my birthday, and when she called me today she said "Honey, you remember that "little" dust collector you picked? Well it just showed up on a pallet.." LOL

OK, I MAY have underplayed its size just a hair.... :p

It's a Delta 1 1/2 HP 1200CFM with the canister filter. I figure it's about all the size I can handle for a shop garage right now, I can always upgrade or add another later.

Now I just want to get one of those hanging air filters from Jet that filter the air a couple times every x minutes.....

Thanks,
Craig

Very cool Craig you know I have 2 ! Lol But not as nice as the one you have!
(note to other this is an inside joke Craig and I have! Still I have 2 !)
Ike

c6craig
10-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Michael - Thanks, those are the Gladiator cabinets. Since I am a garage shop I pretty much need everything on casters and these work well for that. It's also nice to have some cabinet space under the tool for accessories. They also give me a kinda cool finished look to the garage when everything is where is belongs....which thanks to your projects is not very often :D

Ike - You are a sick man. Seek help. LOL :p

Well I finally finished putting this thing together, here is a pic. I have a new load of wood coming Monday afternoon of pecan, with a little walnut, oak, and cherry sprinkled in - so this will be a good test with the planer.

Thanks,
Craig

James RS
10-31-2009, 08:24 AM
What no diamond plate? lol

c6craig
10-31-2009, 08:28 AM
LOL Good point, maybe I can cut some for trim along the bottom...:D

liquidguitars
10-31-2009, 12:20 PM
wonderfull shop man!

BTW I just got the wood floor down on my new shop this week!

LG

mtylerfl
10-31-2009, 12:37 PM
We should have everyone post pictures of their shops. That would help me, at least, to clean it up a little before taking any pictures!

fwharris
10-31-2009, 12:51 PM
We should have everyone post pictures of their shops. That would help me, at least, to clean it up a little before taking any pictures!

Aint that the truth!!!!!