PDA

View Full Version : Is Ike a New Daddy again???

Griz64
10-30-2009, 02:17 AM
Hey Ike,
Did I read in one of your posts that you actually came across and bought another? Doesn't this make 5 machines now? If this is in fact true then congratulations. Oh by the way, I now understand why some people have multiple machines. I dont feel like I can carve things as fast as I want to.

Kenm810
10-30-2009, 06:35 AM
(5)!!

Good Grief, You don't suppose there's some kind of Pill or Something for that --- do ya! :razz:

forqnc
10-30-2009, 07:34 AM
I believe Ike has had 5 but only has 2 until he bought a sweet deal to make it 3.

Kenm810
10-30-2009, 10:07 AM
I follow what you're saying, :grin:
but even just three open mouths in the Nest
can get expensive to be kept fed! :razz:

Ike
10-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Hey Ike,
Did I read in one of your posts that you actually came across and bought another? Doesn't this make 5 machines now? If this is in fact true then congratulations. Oh by the way, I now understand why some people have multiple machines. I dont feel like I can carve things as fast as I want to.

Griz not quite I currently own 2 machines a working CW and a Parts CC. I have only had 2 at one time. I have had my share of problems and exchanged a few units. Before the CW I owned 2 CC one being the part machine now. The other I sold to Al to buy the CW and recently bought a reconditioned CC for a a great price so I will have 2 working and one part machine. I also have a never used K2 CNC 2514(25" by 14" cutting table) model and had a 4896 ( 48" by 96" cutting table) Shopbot I sold to buy my soda wagon.

So I guess at one time I had 4 CNC not all CW/CC! I know my wife thinks the same thing why do I need more then one CNC, matter of fact I own several of the same tools she asks the same question! I currently have 2 table saws, 2 radial arm saws, 2 band saws, 2 planers, 2 jointers, 2 air filtration system and the list goes on and on!

Along with the soda business and by the way I will be building another soda wagon! I have a woodworking/ sign business so each tool has it's purpose. One for my main shop and for the portable shop! Yes I even have 2 shops!

I even called on another CC Hess pointed out in Plano Texas for $600.00 and it is new! The bad thing it was a display model missing accessories and who knows what! Plus how it was abused, kids slamming the cover, cranking the head up and down etc. So the price is good but for me not worth taking the chance! Since I already have a CC on the way!

So when I get my CC I will have 4 CNC again 2 CC 1 CW and 1 K2 CNC, but only three of the four working. I even talked the wife into joining the POM club!

Ike

Ike
10-30-2009, 01:35 PM
I follow what you're saying, :grin:
but even just three open mouths
can get expensive to be kept fed! :razz:

Lol Ken I like you!! You make me funny! It is all good I have the inventory to sell to cover other cost!

Ike

PCW
10-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Ike,

Being that it is new and not refurbished it should qualify for the optional 5 year warranty. Not to bad of a deal.

Great for someone who owns a machine already and doesn't need some of the accessories.

wasacop75
10-30-2009, 02:08 PM
What good is a machine without the accessories?

thats like a suit without a tie, dress without necklace..

Gotta have all the goodies to make it right.

Ike
10-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Ike,

Being that it is new and not refurbished it should qualify for the optional 5 year warranty. Not to bad of a deal.

Great for someone who owns a machine already and doesn't need some of the accessories.

Dan, I agree it is a great deal for those who already have a machine and even for a new buyer! I think it comes with one bit, but I think it doesn't come the designer disc. My concern is not knowing how much abuse the machine took sitting on display.

Yes it is new and yes it qualifies for the 5 year warranty. Myself I don't want to go through the process of having it repaired if needed! Still it was tempting to buy and resell on e-bay! I was charged $35.00 for shipping and if a person lives near Plano they have it made!

Not to mention in 90 days they could request a new machine and would get everything that comes with it!

The folks at the Ohio Sears were so great I would feel bad to cancel my order and I still think I got a great deal for $750.00 and yes I am trusting the info is correct the buyer used it once and didn't like it so returned it for a refund and not an exchange. I am thinking the buyer didn't learn enough about the machine or something simple like the bit finder didn't come out and it really wasn't used and was just re boxed and returned!

Still this one is worth looking into for someone looking for a spare or first machine!

Ike