PDA

View Full Version : what is

davidbf
10-29-2009, 09:28 PM
can someone tell me what the plug in/cable connection on the back of the machine is for? Looks like it is a connection to the computer is this for diagnostics or just to make me ask ??

fwharris
10-29-2009, 09:31 PM
can someone tell me what the plug in/cable connection on the back of the machine is for? Looks like it is a connection to the computer is this for diagnostics or just to make me ask ??

You and just about everybody else ;)!

It is for LHR. I am not sure what they do with it...

Digitalwoodshop
10-29-2009, 10:33 PM
The Jack is connected to the side of the Computer... Someone else posted pictures of the computer with the cover removed but I did not save it...

It more than likely lets LHR monitor the computer functions.....

If anyone ever had a sneak peek at the LHR Test Benches you might find this plug used to monitor things like Motor Current, Memory Buffers, Board Detector Readings in real time.... Well that is what I would expect but it is all just a BIG GUESS....

Only LHR Engineering knows for sure....

AL

Pratyeka
10-30-2009, 06:31 AM
It's part of their conspiracy to take over the world. One day we will all receive a package containing a cable and instructions about how to connect the machine to our PC using that cable. The instructions will also include a web link we have to type in our browser. Once we press enter all the machines will interact together and... oh geezzz! the men in black are here... got to GO!

swhitney
10-30-2009, 08:59 AM
Carvewright Borg????

Digitalwoodshop
10-30-2009, 01:13 PM
While at Sony the Picture Tube Plant ran on Omron PLC's Program Logic Controllers. We could plug in a similar plug and to a Laptop Computer running Ladder Control Logic. We could monitor all the sensors and even force the logic like a roller switch in the program.

Most likely that is what it is for.... Plus at the Factory they need to have a way to write the Serial Number to the Firmware since that is retained in the computer. Even with the machine control logic on the card, there still must be a Boot Program on the computer to know to look at the card.

AL

atauer
10-30-2009, 01:20 PM
http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/0002006E.gif

Some of the responses in this thread are hilarious!

The port is used for factory calibration purposes. I highly doubt that the machines are going to rise up and try a global take over. It would be a funny story though.

Pratyeka, you can send the Men in Black home. Just make sure that they don't use the flashy memory eraser thingy on you...

dbfletcher
10-30-2009, 01:27 PM
http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/0002006E.gif

Some of the responses in this thread are hilarious!

The port is used for factory calibration purposes. I highly doubt that the machines are going to rise up and try a global take over. It would be a funny story though.

Pratyeka, you can send the Men in Black home. Just make sure that they don't use the flashy memory eraser thingy on you...

Did anyone else notice the careful word chioce "I highly doubt that the machines are going to rise up and try a global take over." Notice he didnt say "they wont"... I now am thinking Pratyeka may be on to something! I have often thought my machines were secretly watching me.. gathering information... just waiting for a opportunity.....:mrgreen:

Note to self: No more late nite x-files marathons or hitchcock.....

Doug Fletcher

Pratyeka
10-30-2009, 01:41 PM
I have no recollection of ever posting in this thread...:mrgreen:

SteveEJ
10-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Did anyone else notice the careful word chioce "I highly doubt that the machines are going to rise up and try a global take over." Notice he didnt say "they wont"... I now am thinking Pratyeka may be on to something! I have often thought my machines were secretly watching me.. gathering information... just waiting for a opportunity.....:mrgreen:

Note to self: No more late nite x-files marathons or hitchcock.....

Doug Fletcher

Yes, I noticed it Doug.. It will be "Cost Neutral" too.. :-D

SteveEJ
10-30-2009, 02:06 PM
But, that's not what He meant to say. Just what is "is"?