PDA

View Full Version : Error 848 Bit Flag Not Detected

Mike N
05-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Anyone know what I should do? I just got the machine and am trying to square a board. Also the manual says for an error to "cycle the machine" what does that mean? What do I do?

Thanks
Mike N

Dastardly Den
05-24-2006, 10:29 AM
To cycle the machine is to turn it off then on again after about 15 seconds. Your machine should have come with a small piece of of metal taped to it that is the flag. Mine came shipped loose. Did you get that put into place? It goes inside the machine on the left hand side.

cmorlier
05-24-2006, 11:01 AM
I think you mean "Depth Flag Not Detected".

The depth flag is attached to the left inside of the head. It is a roughly 3 in piece of metal that slides up and down, when it makes contact with the squaring plate. It should be directly below the Y homing flag.

We have seen the flag fall out in shipping, so if you don't see it check you packing materials and in the machine itself.

"Cycle the machine" probably should say "cycle the power on the machine". Some bugs in the software may put the machine in a state where it continuously misbehaves, and rebooting the machine will reset the state of the machine. Of course this should never be the first response, and if you do find it necessary please let us know what problem you encountered and what if anything you had done (since powering the machine) prior to the problem. This information will help us continue to improve the stability of the software.

cmorlier
05-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Just to clarify...

Mike N
05-24-2006, 08:19 PM
I am still having a problem even after I put electrical tape on the flag. But what I did find out if it means anything is that the machine works ok on 3/4 inch wook but I get the same error on 1inch and 2 inch. Cravewright is sending a new flag. Hope that helps.

Mike N

Dan-Woodman
05-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Mike
you don't put tape on the flag ,you take it off. Its to hold the flag in place during shipping.

Mike N
06-17-2006, 07:21 PM
I received a new flag from Chriis but it it the same size as the one I have. I am still getting "Depth Flag Not Detected Error 867" Please help

thanks Mike

cmorlier
06-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Dan, I think the tape Mike is mentioning is to lengthen the flag in case it is too short for the homing sensor to see it.

Mike, try this:
1) Goto item 7, "Sensor Check," under the Options menu. The top item on the display will be the homing sensor, and its status will be either Clear or Blocked
2) Crank the head up until the depth flag does not touch the squaring plate
3) Push the Z-truck all the way down
4) Push the Y-truck all the way to the left

At this point, I expect the display to show the sensor status as Clear. Try putting you finger under the depth flag and lift the flag and watch for the homing sensor status to go Blocked. It should do this after you lift the flag ~1/16" to 1/8". If it does not go blocked, try moving the Y truck to the middle (keep the Z all the way down) and put a penny between the two finger os the black sensor on the Z truck. You should see the sensor indicate blocked. If not give us a call. If it does work, then try lengthening the flag with electrical tape and see if you can get it to work.

The good news is that we will be removing the need for the depth flag in the next firmware release.