PDA

View Full Version : Check Brass Roller....

Digitalwoodshop
10-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Got a Check Brass Roller Error today.... Looked and the front or muffler side belt had slid over about 1/2 inch toward the keypad...

Looked with a light and at the front roller it looked FLUSH and normal..... But where did the 3/8 of an inch of belt go?

First time I ever got that error.... Having seen it posted before and my suggestion was to look and see if the belt had rolled under.....

But it did not look rolled under..... Took my knife and cut the belt between the sand paper black roller and the tray. Pulled and rolled the belt removing a strip of sand paper.... LOW and Behold... The Sand Paper was indeed rolled over...... O' Contrair.....

So when someone searched on this and looks for a rolled over belt it may NOT look like it is rolled over but it COULD BE..... Raises the WOOD so the Brass Roller can SKIP..... And I had masking tape on the wood.... Only saw the error at the end of measuring length.

AL

Rick P
11-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Veeeery interesting Al ... thanks for the info !!!

Digitalwoodshop
11-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I think the lesson here is that with the 1/2 inch GAP on the far side... The paper had to go somewhere..... I bet it would have jammed up the X gears at some point....

And I posted a few months ago that I thought that rolled belts were user error, boards at an angle.... Well.... Proved that WRONG.... Because I am a Stickler on installing the boards... In my case the Sand Paper Belt is reaching the end of it's service life and since I cut 75% 5.5 inch wide boards, I can see that end of the belt getting streched....

AL

liquidguitars
11-05-2009, 11:07 AM
I always just cut .50" off the belts after installing regardless even when new.

The rolled over belts will mess everything, so cutting .50" off is the best option for me.

Also the rubber belts never seem to have any probs on unit 3.

LG