PDA

View Full Version : Looking At Buying New Machine

chkorte
10-29-2009, 11:26 AM
I am considering buying a new CW, CC or Romaxx. I thought it would be fun to play with. Is there any advantage over buying CW vs CC? What about buying new vs reconditioned vs used? Is the scanning probe something I would want? Are there any other accessories I might want or need right away? I primarily plan on using it for fun, making gifts, toys etc. Nothing heavy duty or commercial. I do a bit of scroll sawing. Are my scroll saw patterns going to be able to convert over for cnc routing? I've had pretty good luck with Sears extended warranties. With the CC does Sears come to your house or do you have to send it in? What is this BETA machine everyone talks about? Also what is this "rock chuck" they talk about. I would really like some guidance from users before I commit this kind of money for a toy. I've read so many posts both for and against these machine that it's confusing. I've downloded the CW Designer software and been playing with it a little. Any advice or insight will be appreciated.

dbfletcher
10-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I am considering buying a new CW, CC or Romaxx. I thought it would be fun to play with. Is there any advantage over buying CW vs CC? What about buying new vs reconditioned vs used? Is the scanning probe something I would want? Are there any other accessories I might want or need right away? I primarily plan on using it for fun, making gifts, toys etc. Nothing heavy duty or commercial. I do a bit of scroll sawing. Are my scroll saw patterns going to be able to convert over for cnc routing? I've had pretty good luck with Sears extended warranties. With the CC does Sears come to your house or do you have to send it in? What is this BETA machine everyone talks about? Also what is this "rock chuck" they talk about. I would really like some guidance from users before I commit this kind of money for a toy. I've read so many posts both for and against these machine that it's confusing. I've downloded the CW Designer software and been playing with it a little. Any advice or insight will be appreciated.

My personal recommendation is that if this is your first machine, stay away from the used/reconditioned machines. For many, the sears extended warrenty has been worth it's weight in gold.

If you have read many of those post on the forum, I assume you have realized that the cw/cc is not for everybody. If you are not the 'tinkering" kind of person, I'm not sure you will have a successful, pleasant experience with the machine. It also helps if you are very patient and dont get discouraged quickly. It seems many of these machines have very distinct personalities. Some have got lucky and had a perfectly working machine since day one. For most of us, however, they seem more like small infants.. in constant need of attention and cleanup.

The biggest turning point for me was when i replaced the quick chuck on my machines with the rock chuck. Prior to that, i had maybe a 50% success rate on any given project. With the Rock, i have done mutliple 5-8 carves with out even a hiccup. I dont think you will find one bad word written about the rock.

If you do decide to jump in.. keep in mind this forum is VERY responsive. If you run in to trouble or have a question.. post it here. You will be suprised at how quickly and how many resposes you get. We are all here to help.

Good luck with whatever you deciede.

Doug Fletcher

seabass
10-29-2009, 12:09 PM
dbfletcher I respectfully disagree.

I have had a fantastic experience with my refurb and especially in these economic times I am sure there are many many that can squeeze 800.00 or 900.00 for the machine, but not 1600.00 - 2200.00.

I know you mean well and have an opinion, but you are eliminating a huge amount of potential buyers and new people to the hobby. I could not get in the CC at a new price with a 5 year warranty and I suspect there are thousands of others like me that can't afford it.

In short, if price is an issue I would always recommend get a refurbished unit with 180 day warranty and 30 day return for any reason from Sears.

Better than not even try the hobby because they do not have the funds for a brand new one and believe a refurb just will not work, they do work and mine very well.

Simply, I would not have a machine if my only choice was a brand new. I am glad I did not listen to the people that kept saying get a new unit with the warranty or forget it. Even if I had the money now after my personal experience I would not purchase a new one.

Ike
10-29-2009, 12:18 PM

Myself I prefer the CW only because I was told with the CW they go through a better quality check process and I have owned both and the CW has been the best. Then again Sears offers a better warranty it cost more but you are covered. Another thing you can get a CW for less cost then a CC, but I have heard Sears will price match say with Amazon. Now that is a new unit.

With a used unit it is 50/50 through a private party and through Sears you get a 6 month warranty, but no extended is offered. With repair I believe with the CC the unit is sent in for repair.

As forth to the "Rock" it is an upgrade that is well advised! The QC that comes with the machine is known for issues and the "Rock" has solved it.

The probe is great for reproduction and the software is great for improving patterns. A must in my books is buying the centerline converter software.

I have a K2 CNC like the Romaxx you are looking into and with both machines you need additional software...$ With the CW/CC it comes with the designer and the flash card that loads all your projects and then is inserted into the CW/CC thus not tying up your computer.

With the K2 and Romaxx you need mach 3 interface software to have your cpu give the CNC the project info. But before that you need some other software to design the project like Bobcad or V Carve Pro Art cam etc. the list goes on and on. You can end up spending over $10,000 just in designer software! I have V Carve Pro it isn't too bad it is $600.00.

With the CW/CC and Romaxx cnc you will have upgrade cost, but with the CW you can make a sign with the software that comes with the product. Then the centerline software will convert any font you have into a v carve. Plus the ease to import a pattern is amazing! Not to mention we have a few members who make 3D patterns for a cost that makes you wonder how can they sell it for so cheap! Also their are several of us who share patterns!

Another selling point the CW price is $1688.00 through several sources and is ready to go. The other CNC like my K2 cost me close to $4000.00 by the time I bought all I needed to get started.

I see with the Romaxx the starting price is $2500.00 and that is just the machine. You still need the software, router, router holder power supply shut off and the list goes on. You can buy every upgrade the CW/CC offers and still pay less then the total price of the Romaxx just to get started! Oh another thing with other cnc's you are limited to cutting area of the table. With the CW/CC you are limited to width only, but in length you are not. As long as you have enough supports you can carve a project as long as you want!

Yes you have read many negative post about the CW/CC. The vast majority of issues are due to operational error. Learn the machine, keep it clean, learn how to design correctly and this machine is a blast! Will a part fail? Sure it will! Is it the end of the world? NO!!! The company LHR has great customer support and any issues will be resolved.

I would buy a new machine and then when you learn how to use it, buy another one used from those who didn't take the time to learn! I have bought my 4th machine from Sears yesterday and it was a machine used once and returned!

This forum has great and very smart members that are always willing to help!

Ike

dbfletcher
10-29-2009, 12:23 PM
dbfletcher I respectfully disagree.

I have had a fantastic experience with my refurb and especially in these economic times I am sure there are many many that can squeeze 800.00 or 900.00 for the machine, but not 1600.00 - 2200.00.

I know you mean well and have an opinion, but you are eliminating a huge amount of potential buyers and new people to the hobby. I could not get in the CC at a new price with a 5 year warranty and I suspect there are thousands of others like me that can't afford it.

In short, if price is an issue I would always recommend get a refurbished unit with 180 day warranty and 30 day return for any reason from Sears.

Better than not even try the hobby because they do not have the funds for a brand new one and believe a refurb just will not work, they do work and mine very well.

Simply, I would not have a machine if my only choice was a brand new. I am glad I did not listen to the people that kept saying get a new unit with the warranty or forget it. Even if I had the money now after my personal experience I would not purchase a new one.

I certainly understand your point of view. And I am very glad you were were able to get a good one. Yes, there is a price advantage with the refurbs.... and I guess it is a roll of the dice no matter which you choose... new or refurb. There are lots of qulaity control issues for both of those. I currently own two machines.. but I have had 6. The first one I bought in 2007 I had taken back to sears 4 times in 4 months for replacement... and once sending it to LHR.

Othere have posted here about missing items with Sears refurbs.... and it didnt seem like they were very successful get it resolved thru sears or lhr.

Anyways, as always.. different opinions are always a plus.

Doug Fletcher

seabass
10-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Yep, you are correct I never got a bit removal tool, I never knew I was supposed too!

Ike
10-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Doug, so true I bought this CC from Sears in Ohio and I live in Ca. All I can do is go by what I was told. I did ask if all the accessories were in the box and was told yes. The info was the customer used it once and it was not what he wanted and returned it. Who knows he or she may have not designed the project correctly? I know the first time I ran a project the draft was off and the wrong bit was used and it looked terrible! Who knows this guy may have used the CC in a cold shop and the bit finder didn't come out! Or he may have had a loose wire and was getting a close cover message! All things I can fix!

This is my 4th machine my first was a total lemon in 06. The company has come a long way in improving the software and machine. Still I agree the first machine should be new to have the full year warranty and if it is a CC go for the Sears extended warranty!

I bought this CC for $750.00 with $35.00 for shipping and of course tax! But I have all the accessories and 90 days to return it and a 6 month warranty. I feel good about the purchase.

Still new is the way to go !

Ike

seabass
10-29-2009, 12:54 PM
For the record mine was off the Sears internet site and not from the store directly, not sure if that matters on the quality or not.

Ike
10-29-2009, 01:49 PM
You are correct without knowing the background you get what you get! This has happened with new machines too!! I am not saying all used machines are bad and don't buy them ! Like anything say cars you can find an excellent buy and then you may buy a car and know why they sold it! Show me the car fax!!

I am so glad you bought a great machine, there is a CC for sell now sounds like it comes with a probe and the software has not been registered with 4 hours on the cut motor for $1000.00. $50.00 shipping I know of a couple more one with a little over 3 hours and the other with 5 hours both used for scanning. One person wants $800.00 plus shipping the other wants $1000.00 includes shipping.

So the deals are out there and of course Sears for $999.00

Ike

www.go3d.us
10-29-2009, 02:15 PM
For the record mine was off the internet and not from the store, not sure if that matters on the quality or not.

No wonder it didn't come with the bit removal tool :)

hess
10-29-2009, 05:43 PM
For the record mine was off the Sears internet site and not from the store directly, not sure if that matters on the quality or not.

SB can you send me the link to that Sears site. Please

Hess

Digitalwoodshop
10-29-2009, 06:10 PM
I believe they QUIT including the Bit Removal Tool in the first year....

AL

EDIT.... I think I am WRONG on this.....

seabass
10-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I was just looking through my box and guess what, I found the bit removal tool stuck in a weird place in the Styrofoam!

So I guess I have to give my Sears refurb an "A" after all.

Just check the link every now and again to look for the 10% off and other deals they give for the Refurb. So far the best I have seen is 999.99 minus 100.00 plus an additional 10% rebate and free shipping , they do charge tax though. I think with tax I paid 863.00 and some odd cents out the door. Of course I am waiting for the rebate in the mail.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00910148000P?keyword=compucarve

dbfletcher
10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
I was just looking through my box and guess what, I found the bit removal tool stuck in a weird place in the Styrofoam!

Just check the link every now and again to look for the 10% off and other deals they give for the Refurb. So far the best I have seen is 999.99 minus 100.00 plus an additional 10% rebate and free shipping , they do charge tax though. I think with tax I paid 863.00 and some odd cents out the door. Of course I am waiting for the rebate in the mail.

Ya... that what I kinda thought with the last person who posted about no removal tool. I suggested they go thru the styrofoam inserts as well... I dont know if you were the orignal poster or not.. it was a few weeks ago I believe. Glad you found it though!

Doug Fletcher

Ike
10-29-2009, 07:14 PM

So where did you find this!? I went to the link and didn't see the $100.00 off or the 10%. Plus I think the free shipping is pick up at your local Sears. Al I still think the bit removal tool is still included!

I searched for the best price yesterday and I found it in Ohio! $750.00 that was the price without any discounts and they couldn't send it to my local store, so they charged me $35.00 for shipping and tax too.

I am asking because they offer price guarantee!

Ike

Ok I remember now you need to log in at the Sears outlet site and it will direct you to the best deal! Yesterday I got 40% off and unless you can pick it up at the selling store then they will send it directly to you. If you look hard enough you will find the good deals!

Digitalwoodshop
10-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Ike has a good point....:) I may be VERY Wrong about the Wrench too.... Since I bought one NEW machine and the rest used.... I really should not be the expert on what is in a new box.....

Here is a picture of the wrench would love to see a picture of where the wrench is stuffed in the foam box...

And 99% of the time we never had a problem just pulling up the QC and removing the bit.... It was only when the bit was jammed that the wrench made it easier to get the bit out.... The trick was to pry slightly turn pry, turn pry..... Never do it like opening a BEER..... You BEND the QC....

You can see scratch marks on the U shaped area.... Sometimes I installed it Up Side Down on the Bit holder and used is to TUG on a V60 bit to see if it was going to FLY OUT under power.... The ROCK solved that problem.... Flying Bits, Stuck Bits, Vibration, the need for a bit holder..... I Nominate R Justice for the Carver of the YEAR Award.... This award and 99 Cents will get you a small coffee at the McDonald's of your choice....

AL

Ike
10-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Looks like the best deal is here! Your Price: $899.93

Item: 009 10148 991 0749

BUTLER - Sears Retail Store view on map

Store # 2724

Address: 101 Clearview Cir Unit 6 Butler, PA 160011584

Phone: 7242825455

I did this yesterday and found the deal for $750.00 plus tax and again they told me they could not ship it to my local outlet store, but it was only $35.00 for shipping.

Just sign in and put in your zip and they will tell you the best deal closet to your home. Last night it was Ohio for me!

Ike

hess
10-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Ike has a good point....:) I may be VERY Wrong about the Wrench too.... Since I bought one NEW machine and the rest used.... I really should not be the expert on what is in a new box.....

Here is a picture of the wrench would love to see a picture of where the wrench is stuffed in the foam box...

And 99% of the time we never had a problem just pulling up the QC and removing the bit.... It was only when the bit was jammed that the wrench made it easier to get the bit out.... The trick was to pry slightly turn pry, turn pry..... Never do it like opening a BEER..... You BEND the QC....

You can see scratch marks on the U shaped area.... Sometimes I installed it Up Side Down on the Bit holder and used is to TUG on a V60 bit to see if it was going to FLY OUT under power.... The ROCK solved that problem.... Flying Bits, Stuck Bits, Vibration, the need for a bit holder..... I Nominate R Justice for the Carver of the YEAR Award.... This award and 99 Cents will get you a small coffee at the McDonald's of your choice....

AL

hey AL how bout a new CC under 600.00
tore Condition Price
PLANO - Sears Retail Store view on map
Store # 1337
851 N Central Expwy
Plano, TX 75075

Store Hours:
10:00 AM-9:00 PM (Mon-Fri)
10:00 AM-9:00 PM (Sat)
12:00 PM-7:00 PM (Sun)
« hide store info
New

$599.93

seabass
10-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Kenrik all I did was spray dry lube(the brand Micro Fence sells, I forget the name) on the bit holder and I never had a problem getting the bit out.

I just pull it up with my hands and the bit falls out. I bet there are many here that never use the bit removal tool, it's just not required.

The Rock Chuck is on my CW now so I found the removal tool to late.

The tough thing is getting the bits out of the stupid holders so I can use my bits with the Rock, what a pain!

dbfletcher
10-30-2009, 12:51 AM
I hate to do it... but it seems we have drifted way off the original posters question. Of course I've been guilty of this in that post too.. but seeing it was a potential new customer, perhaps we should try harder to stay on topic!!! Just a thought.

Doug Fletcher

c6craig
10-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Doug is right.

So here is my two cents.

As you have seen, where to buy and to buy used, refurb, or new is highly debated on this forum.

In my opinion it all comes down to your ability to troubleshoot and tinker, and especially your tolerance for having to work on a 2k (new) machine.

It's a crapshoot whether you get a good machine out of the box no matter what method you buy. BUT once you get the machine running right it will absolutely amaze you.

For me, it was worth every penny and every minute of screaming while repairing my machines....

Good luck no matter what you decide, hope to see you posting projects soon!

Craig

Ike
10-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Ok deleted my post, I was looking for another one also.. sorry

Ike

c6craig
10-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Same here, deleted off topic posts.

Craig

Ike
10-30-2009, 02:00 PM
hey AL how bout a new CC under 600.00
tore Condition Price
PLANO - Sears Retail Store view on map
Store # 1337
851 N Central Expwy
Plano, TX 75075

Store Hours:
10:00 AM-9:00 PM (Mon-Fri)
10:00 AM-9:00 PM (Sat)
12:00 PM-7:00 PM (Sun)
« hide store info
New

$599.93

For everybody info. I called about the CC and it was a floor model and is not complete. It is missing accessories, software disc and who knows what else. Plus being on the floor just imagine the abuse it received, kids cranking the head up and down, slamming the cover open and closed. Forcing the Z truck back and forth.

It is still new so it can be exchanged if needed but through that store, so I passed and await my reconditioned used once complete CC! It was $150.00 more but at $40.00 a bit you are half way there buying 2!

Ike

seabass
10-30-2009, 03:19 PM
"In my opinion it all comes down to your ability to troubleshoot and tinker, and especially your tolerance for having to work on a 2k (new) machine.

That is a small part of the issue to me, the main issue is MONEY, period.

If you have money to burn get the new machine, if you do not get the Refurb so at least you can enjoy the hobby instead of not at all.

Discussing parts and whether bits get stuck on a new vs refurbished machine is still on topic, so though not exactly on topic it is a part of it and deleting certain posts off threads is slightly premature, especially in this thread. Now I am left wondering whether something important that is not exactly on topic, but related was left out.

Let's stay on topic, but not get crazy either. Threads need to be personable or they get boring. If nothing else move the thoughts to a new thread, do not delete them entirely guys. Your thoughts are valuable even if we get slightly off topic.

Digitalwoodshop
10-30-2009, 03:41 PM
For everybody info. I called about the CC and it was a floor model and is not complete. It is missing accessories, software disc and who knows what else. Plus being on the floor just imagine the abuse it received, kids cranking the head up and down, slamming the cover open and closed. Forcing the Z truck back and forth.

It is still new so it can be exchanged if needed but through that store, so I passed and await my reconditioned used once complete CC! It was $150.00 more but at $40.00 a bit you are half way there buying 2!

Ike

That is a good deal... I wouldn't worry much about the kids stuff but more the shipping cross country.....

For $600.00 I am looking at a extra Sublimation Printer and $1200.00 in ink partially used.... a $2K value. Or do I order 3 bags or $450.00 in ink refills I need... Too many things to spend money on....

Thanks for the Heads up for anyone looking for a second machine.

AL

Ike
10-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Good point Seabass we did off topic to the point it should have been exchanged in a PM. By the way you didn't miss anything, Craig was razzing me for have 2 of several wood working tools and I was bummed I didn't see the deal Hess shared.

For the most part threads seem to wonder off and find there way back! I look it at it as we are all family and like every family topics takes wrong exits and end up back on track. I was tired last night so maybe it was too abrupt to delete my replies to Craig's from getting off track!

Ike

hess
10-30-2009, 08:50 PM
That is a good deal... I wouldn't worry much about the kids stuff but more the shipping cross country.....

For $600.00 I am looking at a extra Sublimation Printer and $1200.00 in ink partially used.... a $2K value. Or do I order 3 bags or $450.00 in ink refills I need... Too many things to spend money on....

Thanks for the Heads up for anyone looking for a second machine.

ALWent an looked it the unit today looked fine dont need the SW but they did not want to even allow a Warranty or ANY kind is to be sold as is

it comes on line fine so no reason to say there is anything wrong.
I'm really debating picking it up and if something is wrong take it back to a store near home

Dont need 3 but than did not need 2 ether

dbfletcher
10-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Went an looked it the unit today looked fine dont need the SW but they did not want to even allow a Warranty or ANY kind is to be sold as is

I'm really debating picking it up and if something is wrong take it back to a store near home

At the price it really isnt even a bad deal just for a "parts" machine from teh get go... computer, z-truck and one or two other parts... and you have recouped your investment.

Doug Fletcher

Ike
10-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Went an looked it the unit today looked fine dont need the SW but they did not want to even allow a Warranty or ANY kind is to be sold as is

Hess I was very tempted too! I just mentioned the lack of parts if a new buyer was interested. Being in Calif. it is a hard call to take a chance and then now they want to sell it as is?

Thank you for checking for those who this may be perfect for! Ps unless they changed the policy you need to return it to the store you purchase it from?

Ike

c6craig
10-30-2009, 09:09 PM
I agree with Doug. At that price it practically makes up the cost in just the "consumables" you can strip from it. Flex Shaft, Belts, not to mention all those sensors....plus if it comes with a new cutting and carving bit, there's what? 40 bucks each?

Craig

Ike
10-30-2009, 09:45 PM
I agree with Doug. At that price it practically makes up the cost in just the "consumables" you can strip from it. Flex Shaft, Belts, not to mention all those sensors....plus if it comes with a new cutting and carving bit, there's what? 40 bucks each?

Craig

So true, but back to the topic the OP is looking for a new machine and if it was me I would want a complete package with a warranty. Even if the price being so good I would want my first machine to covered!

Ike

hess
10-31-2009, 04:06 AM
Hess I was very tempted too! I just mentioned the lack of parts if a new buyer was interested. Being in Calif. it is a hard call to take a chance and then now they want to sell it as is?

Thank you for checking for those who this may be perfect for! Ps unless they changed the policy you need to return it to the store you purchase it from?

Ike

That how warenty works you take it to the store you got it from? they only have to send it a few miles back down the road to the tec center

going to see if it will cut the small shell in the am and if it dies push for at least 30 warr if not will get it and well be the best unit I have watch and see the strays always are the best

hess
10-31-2009, 04:29 PM

Ike

Well Ike I went and got the unit but had a few snags. 1st real bad thing was the head was locked in the up spot dang how to get it back down and missing a bit and card. Asked what could be done?

I was Soo sad

well they gave me a carve bit and a card and dropped 50 bucks off. The unit has 13 hrs on it unlocked the top works fine now for the real sad part. used my card got 6 mos no pay then looked and because I'm in the craftsman club they took off $110.00 off the 599. got the 5 year warranty for 290. not a mark on it. has the older Z but the new scan place

oh here is the real kick in the butt. when I got it home placed it on its back and guess what came out? The card they had lost!!!!!

Thanks for turning me on to the outlets
im as happy as a pig in Sheet

So I dont feel bad at all new unit for 450.00 whoo whoo wife was even excited about it

Ike
10-31-2009, 09:55 PM
Glad to hear it Hess, they told me it had no warranty and was sold as is. So what was I to do? Like I said I am in Calif. and the person I was talking to I could barely understand him. I am a Craftsman member too, but as I said they told me it did not come with a warranty. I do know how to reset the top that is what the hole in the post are for.

So you obviously talked to somebody different! Enjoy your new toy!

Ike

hess
11-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Glad to hear it Hess, they told me it had no warranty and was sold as is. So what was I to do? Like I said I am in Calif. and the person I was talking to I could barely understand him. I am a Craftsman member too, but as I said they told me it did not come with a warranty. I do know how to reset the top that is what the hole in the post are for.

So you obviously talked to somebody different! Enjoy your new toy!

Ike

I did realty hit on a problem. after I got the head down it would not go up or down. Stripped it down aND FOUND THE SCREW on the bottom that holds the tie rod in on the key board side was broke off so like you said someone stressed the heck our of it. I was able to epoxy it and added a bit of corian to support the rod put her back together and it must be binding I get a click if I try to move down and just cant seem to move it up

I wonder if it is all out of alignment? I have give pu tonight.

I did get a 5 year warranty funny how none came with it but they would sell one. thats cool cause I may let the repair center here in TX work one it

They told me if I had any problems just take it right to the center?

Ike
11-01-2009, 02:58 PM
I did realty hit on a problem. after I got the head down it would not go up or down. Stripped it down aND FOUND THE SCREW on the bottom that holds the tie rod in on the key board side was broke off so like you said someone stressed the heck our of it. I was able to epoxy it and added a bit of corian to support the rod put her back together and it must be binding I get a click if I try to move down and just cant seem to move it up

I wonder if it is all out of alignment? I have give pu tonight.

I did get a 5 year warranty funny how none came with it but they would sell one. thats cool cause I may let the repair center here in TX work one it

They told me if I had any problems just take it right to the center?

Man I am sorry to hear about all the problems. That is what I worried about I have seen too many displays CC at Sears and watched kids crank the handle until they locked the head and continue to turn the handle and let it click. Then they will slam the cover and play with the Z truck. All this while the parents and the Sears sale staff watch!

So when I called and was told sold as is and no warranty, well I stopped listening and politely said,"thank you"

I am glad you did get the extended warranty I am not sure I would have messed with the head and glued anything? They may deny the repair and say you messed it up some how? Sounds like it needs rebuilt totally and I bet you won't see it for several months. I would return it and ask for a new one, they sold it to you as a new machine. Even though they gave you a great price they still gave a warranty!

Good luck and I hope I made a good deal? I know mine was a return used once and not a display so if it makes it through shipping I think I am going to be ok!

Ike

hess
11-01-2009, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Ike;109176]Man I am sorry to hear about all the problems. That is what I worried about I have seen too many displays CC at Sears and watched kids crank the handle until they locked the head and continue to turn the handle and let it click. Then they will slam the cover and play with the Z truck. All this while the parents and the Sears sale staff watch!

So when I called and was told sold as is and no warranty, well I stopped listening and politely said,"thank you"

I am glad you did get the extended warranty I am not sure I would have messed with the head and glued anything? They may deny the repair and say you messed it up some how? Sounds like it needs rebuilt totally and I bet you won't see it for several months. I would return it and ask for a new one, they sold it to you as a new machine. Even though they gave you a great price they still gave a warranty!

The whole bearing on the kp side has been busted right out of the base. I spoke with the manager who started by saying how good a deal I got ten when I told him what I found and asked how I would be treated nad if they would replace it he says yes and I say with a new one so mon we will see
I'm sure that is what happened kids not being watched by the village allowed to room and break our expressive toy dang it we are posse to do that

fig any way it come out will ba a working unit so I'm OK had to wait on the last 2 at 1st so why change now Ike I thank you though out this
Good luck and I hope I made a good deal? I know mine was a return used once and not a display so if it makes it through shipping I think I am going to be ok!

Ike
11-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Wow if they do replace it with a new one you did get the best deal! A bit far for me to drive so I am glad you live so close! I bet the wife is even more happy knowing you may be getting a new never used CC!!

Ike

hess
11-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Wow if they do replace it with a new one you did get the best deal! A bit far for me to drive so I am glad you live so close! I bet the wife is even more happy knowing you may be getting a new never used CC!!

Ike

I would be happy with a new, even a good refurb or if they will change out the bottom plate and fix this one. I think ether way they handle it will work out ok if all else fails I will have a good part unit that would still be worth the money and would cancel the 5 year plan

Ike
11-02-2009, 12:53 PM
I would be happy with a new, even a good refurb or if they will change out the bottom plate and fix this one. I think ether way they handle it will work out ok if all else fails I will have a good part unit that would still be worth the money and would cancel the 5 year plan

I would make them replace it or fix it yes it is a good part machine, but is that what you bought it for? I was happy with $750.00 for the CC I bought and I expect it to work! I have a part machine I need another working machine!

Keep pushing the issue with them and be nice and cool headed and I bet you will come out smelling like a rose!

Ike