PDA

View Full Version : OK to sell CompuCarve here?

joncanfield
10-29-2009, 10:02 AM
I have a complete setup that I need to sell quickly. If it's OK, I'll post details.

Thanks,
Jon

c6craig
10-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Of course, plenty of people sell their machines through this forum.

Post up your info and see if you get any takers!

Craig

c6craig
10-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Also, if you are trying for a quick sale, it may help you to search through some of the old for sale posts to see the going rates.

Craig

Ike
10-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Lol I was looking for a machine and found one it is being shipped today! If the price is right you will have no problem selling it. Like Craig stated do some checking for a good price. Keep in mind Sears has reconditioned units for $999.00 with a 6 month warranty so you have that to deal with. Also if you have a probe and the software has been registered it is not transferable. Nor is any patterns you have purchased.

It is a bummer but it is the way it is! Still you shouldn't have a problem selling your CC

Ike

dbfletcher
10-29-2009, 11:43 AM
And please be as honest as possible when posting. If you know you rmachine has some issues.. please say so. There are some on the forum who specificially look for the challenge of the "problem child".

Good luck!

Doug Fletcher

joncanfield
10-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks everyone

I have the CompuCarve with box, manuals, etc. I've used it less than 4 hours total. The only thing I've had any issues with is the lever that the bit touches before starting to carve not extending all the way so I use a bit of cardboard to hold it in place. I I also have the probe - never used, and the bit set, most of those never used either, and the centerline text option for the software along with the subscription patterns from last year. I didn't realize these patterns and the software weren't transferrable though.

Our dog was just diagnosed with cancer and I need to raise funds to pay for surgery. Since I never seem to find time to use this, it's the logical thing to go.

I'm thinking a fair price would be $1000?

joncanfield
10-29-2009, 01:14 PM
One more note - I'm not 100% positive, but since I never used the probe, I don't think that software has been registered.

Jon

c6craig
10-29-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your dog, we just went through the same thing.

Where are you located? Shipping will play a part as well.

Craig

joncanfield
10-29-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm in eastern WA. I can ship via my FedEx ground account for no more than $50.

Thanks,
Jon

c6craig
10-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Also, how old is the machine itself?

Craig

joncanfield
10-29-2009, 01:18 PM
I bought it about 18 months ago

Digitalwoodshop
10-29-2009, 02:17 PM
If you look at the Z Motor..... Are the cooling fins even with the back of the Encoder or does the encoder stick out from the fins.?

This will tell if it has the upgraded Z Bundle....

Long old:(
Short New.:D

AL

joncanfield
10-29-2009, 04:11 PM
It looks like it's the old one. Hard to upgrade?

c6craig
10-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Not hard to swap, but a reconditioned Z Motor is $82 last time I ordered one. I forget if there was a core charge or not...

Craig

c6craig
10-29-2009, 05:27 PM
This may help you as an unregistered probe would add value.

If you open your Carvewright software and go to "Help" - "Manage Licenses" and click on the "Features" tab it should show if your probe has been registered. * See pic below *

You also have the full bit set which is worth some bucks.

Thanks,
Craig

joncanfield
10-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Craig -

Even better yet - the disc is still sealed in the envelope, so the probe is unregistered. I also checked my patterns and projects - I never used any of these and they don't show as registered either. Don't know if that makes a difference though.

Jon

Ike
10-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Craig -

Even better yet - the disc is still sealed in the envelope, so the probe is unregistered. I also checked my patterns and projects - I never used any of these and they don't show as registered either. Don't know if that makes a difference though.

Jon

Jon the software is called pattern editor so if it isn't listed in your account as registered patterns, centerline etc. you are ok! If it does list it as pattern editor then the probe is registered.

Ike

joncanfield
10-29-2009, 08:38 PM
I have Centerline and Basic registered. Patterns, Projects, Collections all show nothing registered.

Thanks!

Shacky
10-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Just a thought, you may do better by selling the bits and probe separately.

You can probably sell those quickly for a few hundred bucks.

joncanfield
10-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks to an incredible person here, I'm able to keep my CC! I know that there are some amazing people out there, and you read about things like this happening, but I never would have imagined it would happen for us.
THANK YOU THANK YOU!

fwharris
10-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Jon,

That is great news!

Old Salt
10-30-2009, 10:03 PM
:D good news made my day !
Love to see people help people .
been their done that .

c6craig
10-31-2009, 12:45 AM
Jon - Glad to hear it! Things always seem to work out the way they should.

I hope this means you can get out there and put some hours on that machine! Cmon man, 4 hours in 18 months - get out there and make some sawdust!! :p

All the best,

Craig