PDA

View Full Version : Please Close COver

wlhtrain
05-22-2006, 08:10 PM
This message will not clear. I've blown / vaccumed around the sensor, powered on and off but can not get past this message. It comes up immediately after I select a project and will not respond further. Anyone know what to do to clear this.

Dastardly Den
05-22-2006, 09:42 PM
By chance have you tried to manually push in the two cover switches? You will have to push them both in at the same time and that should clear the message. Might need a second set of eyes to check if the message clears while they are pushed in. If that doesnt clear it than one of the switches could be bad or maybe even a wire.

wlhtrain
05-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the tip Dan. No luck. The message to cloase the cover still remains. Since I'm just up the road from the CarveWright Office, I think I'll run over tomorrow and get them to look it over. :cry:

wlhtrain
05-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Much thanks to all for help and assistance! Turns outto be a bad door sensor. Chris in repair was helpful in showing me sensor checks and how to verify them from the keypad. Chris Morlier was very helpful with some bit and software questions. Now...back to making saw dust and see what I can discover! :P

IM2HAPPI
01-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Much thanks to all for help and assistance! Turns outto be a bad door sensor. Chris in repair was helpful in showing me sensor checks and how to verify them from the keypad. Chris Morlier was very helpful with some bit and software questions. Now...back to making saw dust and see what I can discover! :P

Ok here it is, anyone know how to do this ? Hubby pushed both sensors in and error did not leave LCD screen. Forgot to mention that in last post

pkunk
01-26-2007, 05:39 PM
The wires coming from the door sensors are in the back of the machine-go left of the LCD & turn to face the back. Look through a hole there for a set of wires (3 black & 1 white) and see where they plug into a circuit board. Unplug the little white plug and plug it in again.

IM2HAPPI
01-27-2007, 08:44 AM
It was half loose so pushed it in and wala, finishing my project as we speak :D :D :D need I say more

pkunk
01-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Happy daze! :D

mmsgtpig
01-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Do you remember any of the instructions to check the sensors? I just changed both sensors and still get please close cover.

The Bard
01-28-2007, 03:24 AM
you "changed" both sensors?

Kenm810
02-23-2007, 11:16 AM
The wires coming from the door sensors are in the back of the machine-go left of the LCD & turn to face the back. Look through a hole there for a set of wires (3 black & 1 white) and see where they plug into a circuit board. Unplug the little white plug and plug it in again.

Hi All

My First Problem ever Carving with the machine,” Please Close Cover” Message would not clear. As I have read many, many times, do search of the Forum for a post or thread on the trouble. Believe it, it really works. Up and running
again in 15 minutes

Thanks pkunk
Ken