PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card Help??

mabco12
10-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi Fellow CW/CC Owners,
I have two reconditioned CW machines that I purchased last year for my middle school woodworking program. They have been running fine to date with the exception of having to replace the z-pack with the upgrade on one machine. I am having a problem with one memory card when I place it into the machine and turn on the machine I only get black sqaures that form a bar. No menu or Carvewright Woodworking System welcome. The other card work well in both machines with no problems at all. The card in question worked at one time but does not now???? I have cleared the card and reformatted it with still no luck :( Does anyone have any suggestions for me ......

Thanks for any help!!

Mabco12

Digitalwoodshop
10-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Remove the bottom and look at the computer and the pins for the card. Might be a bent pin or wood chip in the pins....

Or the Computer is bad... Pay the LHR man $300.00 please....

Good Luck,

AL

Icutone2
10-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Check the setting os the lcd screen, located below the control pat. Turn it both ways to adjust. Hope this helps.
Lee

fwharris
10-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Hi Fellow CW/CC Owners,
I have two reconditioned CW machines that I purchased last year for my middle school woodworking program. They have been running fine to date with the exception of having to replace the z-pack with the upgrade on one machine. I am having a problem with one memory card when I place it into the machine and turn on the machine I only get black sqaures that form a bar. No menu or Carvewright Woodworking System welcome. The other card work well in both machines with no problems at all. The card in question worked at one time but does not now???? I have cleared the card and reformatted it with still no luck :( Does anyone have any suggestions for me ......

Thanks for any help!!

Mabco12

Since your other card works good in both machines I would say the card might me bad or you have some dust in the connectors of the card. I would give LHR a call if you do not find any dust in the card...

www.go3d.us
10-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Could be that one or two of the contact on the card is broken or stuck with sawdust.

TIMCOSBY
10-31-2009, 11:21 PM
that will only work after you blow your moist breath into it then it quits after it dries out. i've taken it apart and blew cleaner through it both ways and still does the same. if you want to take it apart lay it down with the label facing up. you can feel the edges where the bottom is lapped up over the top part. peel one side back a little and push down a little then there are two places at each end that is bent up the same way get those started and then work the side and ends alternately.