PDA

View Full Version : Carving/Cutting Sequence

wlhtrain
05-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Silly question time. It's probably right in front of me but I can't see it. What is the sequence the machine follows on a project? Rear or Front first? Carve then cut? In the siftware, is it top to botom or bottom to top in the carving list? Then, is there a way to override the sequence?

Enjoying the tool! :D

Ward Hammond
Houston, Texas

yenne
05-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Generally the procedure is rear face then front face, since cut-outs apply only to the front face. Ordering usually goes raster carvings, vector carvings, drill holes, cut-outs, then edge rout I believe. The ordering is controlled by the software in order to reduce the number of bit changes, minimize motion in the X direction (the slowest axis), and generally increase quality and speed. And no, it is not possible right now to override the ordering, although we would certainly entertain the suggestion if there were a good reason for it.

Dan-Woodman
05-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Britt
The good reason I could see is if we had problems with errors and needed to stop the machine and start over. Like with multiple carvings and maybe the first two get completed and an alarm .you could start the program over and skip what was already carved and have it start where it
needed to finish. Later Daniel

wlhtrain
05-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks Britt! Just to clarify. The software controls the order not the carving list. Raster before vector before route before cutout. Rear before front and cutting only on front. Correct?

Mostly familiar with raster before vector as that is how my laser works.

Does the software do inside before outside if there is a carving within a carving or are they grouped and done as one?

yenne
05-23-2006, 11:13 AM
The good reason I could see is if we had problems with errors and needed to stop the machine and start over.
Better error recovery and restart is in the works for future releases. In the meantime, does it not work to just remove the completed features and re-upload?

The software controls the order not the carving list. Raster before vector before route before cutout. Rear before front and cutting only on front. Correct?
I believe that cutouts occur before edge rout, but otherwise correct.

Does the software do inside before outside if there is a carving within a carving or are they grouped and done as one?
Overlapping or inside/outside rasters are combined into one raster to save time.