PDA

View Full Version : need help to set up

henry1
10-27-2009, 06:43 PM
This is for a school progect can any body help me designe this on wood it about 25"x28 " long also if can be done and painted what would be a charge for thi any help appreciared

bjbethke
10-27-2009, 07:37 PM
This is for a school progect can any body help me designe this on wood it about 25"x28 " long also if can be done and painted what would be a charge for thi any help appreciared
I don't think you could make a good pattern from that image. You could re-draw it and make a new logo. It would take lots of time. Can you get the original drawing? Looks like the owner of the image signed it.

William Blankenship
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM

Just looking at it, I would approach it this way (and this is just my humble opinion, I'm sure there are better approaches to be had from the seasoned members on this forum). The large green circle I would simply cut it out of 3/4 or 1/2 inch plywood (whatever suites your needs) and paint it green. The Center triangular parts I would carve using the CW and carve it as one piece. The ribbon I would carve using the CW as one piece. Paint all pieces and assemble.

Just a thought,
Bill....

hogiewan
10-27-2009, 10:59 PM
It can be done, but you'll need to redraw it to get a good carve, especially considering the size it would need to be split and carved in two halves and then joined. It wouldn't be that hard to draw it in a 3D program and then import an STL.

henry1
10-28-2009, 05:39 AM
I don't think you could make a good pattern from that image. You could re-draw it and make a new logo. It would take lots of time. Can you get the original drawing? Looks like the owner of the image signed it.

Yes the artist did sign it ,and then maybe make it in section like one member said ,now can somebody draw it out for me not that good yet it would be well appreciated:-D

andes
01-02-2010, 06:10 PM
this what I came up with. It's a good starting point.

Yes the artist did sign it ,and then maybe make it in section like one member said ,now can somebody draw it out for me not that good yet it would be well appreciated:-D