PDA

View Full Version : Assembling lines for cutout

wlhtrain
05-21-2006, 01:10 PM
This is a test and learning project. It is a fairly simplle Bi-Plane wing design that I can not get the cutout tool button to activate. The outline or path to follow is the spline named "Wing Outline". I followed a tutorial to do this earlier but do not remember the steps and can not find the instructions. The outline is made by joining or "connecting" different segments. I can't tell if all the vertices are closed or not. Any hints, tips, or clues from anyone? The help button / manual tells me which button to use but doesn't tell me how to turn it on.

Attached is the file.

cmorlier
05-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Looks like your upper right most vertex is not connected. You can see this by either zooming in or just grab the vertex and, with little or no motion, connect cross hairs will show up.

Once this is connected, the cut path tool will become active.

Note: I did notice a minor refresh bug when doing this, so you may see a line segment disappear. Just go ahead and apply the cut, and once you accept the cut it should reappear.

wlhtrain
05-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks Chris! I did see the line disappear and thought I deleted something so steped back. :roll: So, the way to verify the connection is to super zoom and verify the alignment.

Back to having fun and see how far the envelop extends! I really like the possibilities so far with large scale model building! :D