PDA

View Full Version : Legos patterns?

cestout
10-26-2009, 10:53 PM
I can't find any Lego patterns, like Lego men (or women) vehicles etc. I am trying to scan them with the probe and getting marginal results. (They are teeny.) I have looked in every pattern collection I can find on the web. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need them for this years Christmas presents for my 11 grand kids. I am making door signs/plaques like the fish jumping off the sign in an old "Tips & Tricks". I have 1 floral girl, 1 piano or softball girl, 2 guitar boys, 1 football boy, 1 fish boy, etc. but I have 2 Lego boys.
Thanks
Clint

STEAM
10-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Clint
Here's a few I created. I hope you can use some of them.
Also here is a link to a lego font creator.

http://www.lineto.com/The+Projects/Lego+Font+Creator/

STEAM
10-27-2009, 11:02 AM
forgot one

cestout
10-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Tim,
Those are great! How did you create them? My grand kids have tons of them, but scanned they come out rounded and lumpy.
Clint

STEAM
10-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Tim,
Those are great! How did you create them? My grand kids have tons of them, but scanned they come out rounded and lumpy.
Clint

You're welcome. They are free models for 3d Studio Max. I downloaded the free trial of Max and rendered each model with z depth. I'm running Windows 7 which has a snipping tool. After each render I would use the snipping tool to get a copy of the render from my screen. The snipping tool automatically converts the image to a png format. I then saved the image and imported it into Designer. I know that this is a long way of doing it but I work on a very limited budget and cant afford to buy Max. I guess you could call it a poor man's work around. 3DS Max is a great program. Each time I have to reformat my computer for some reason, I like to install the newest trial version for the 30 day trial period.