PDA

View Full Version : Checking board sensor

davidbf
10-26-2009, 08:47 PM
I am having trouble with My machine it will not measure a board.
Here's the story:
My machine was working fine then I found a loose bearing on the Y-truck.
I replaced all the bearings on the Y-truck & put the machine back together.
When I started to use it again I get "ERROR 400 BOARD EDGE NOT DETECTED"
and the truck moves about 3 inches across and stops.
I have rechecked all the wiring & it looks ok. I put a bright light at the cover and also tried covering the board with white copy paper but no help.
I guess I'll pull the cover and check things again. I sure could use help with this one.
For a machine thats not used much & that is cleaned out after cutting and lubed good it sure does have a lot of problems.

fwharris
10-26-2009, 09:57 PM
I am having trouble with My machine it will not measure a board.
Here's the story:
My machine was working fine then I found a loose bearing on the Y-truck.
I replaced all the bearings on the Y-truck & put the machine back together.
When I started to use it again I get "ERROR 400 BOARD EDGE NOT DETECTED"
and the truck moves about 3 inches across and stops.
I have rechecked all the wiring & it looks ok. I put a bright light at the cover and also tried covering the board with white copy paper but no help.
I guess I'll pull the cover and check things again. I sure could use help with this one.
For a machine thats not used much & that is cleaned out after cutting and lubed good it sure does have a lot of problems.

David,

Have you done any sensor checks by using "user options"? See what reading you get for the "board sensor"

From you description it sounds like something to do with the board sensor that is located under the Z truck. The wires run from the sensor up in side the Z truck to a board that is mounted to the back of the Z truck. Since you have done work on the Y bearings might have not gotten it plugged back in correctly or maybe pinched a wire..