PDA

View Full Version : Been Pondering................

RobertP
10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Here lately I have been pondering the idea of selling my machine....I was hoping that I could get some kind of estimate of what price point I should ask for it. My machine has about 50 hours on it, and is in perfect condition, it comes with a scanning probe that has never been used as well as a library full of the original carving patterns...( Beta users were given the full library) (The machine is not a Beta unit).

Seems that I just dont have the time to use it anymore and hate seeing it sit here looking all clean and pretty, it really needs to go to a home that will use it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

liquidguitars
10-25-2009, 03:22 PM
most used wood working tools go for 50% of the retail cost.

If you paid 1800.00 it can go from $900.00 as low as $500.00
but this is just a guess.

LG

jab73180
10-25-2009, 03:28 PM
i bet IKE would give you about $700 for it. has the software for the scanning probe been installed? if it has then the probe is worthless because you can only install the software once. if i was you i would hold on to it and do some work with it, make a lil bit o money!

Ike
10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
I am interested, but need more info. I sent a PM to you I had a chance for a CC for $1000.00 that had 3 hrs on it. It is a year old and it is most likely a great machine, but with Sears offering a reconditioned CC for $999.00 with a 6 month warranty and 30 day return guarantee I passed on it.

That said, I understand not willing to just giving away your machine. I want to be honest and let you know where I am coming from. I jumped on a machine not long ago only to have the seller end up selling to a co-worker. No hard feelings it was his to sell, but now I want another machine!

I prefer a CW, but if the deal is good I will take either a CW or CC. You say it isn't a beta machine, but you have a full library? I am not sure what that means?

Anyway I raise my hand first!!

Ike

Ike
10-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Robert, don't leave me hanging baby!! Give me a PM with a price and lets see if we can do business!

Ike

c6craig
10-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Hahaha Poor Ike is like an addict without a fix....price this man a machine!!!

:p

Craig

Ike
10-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Lol if I keep going the wife is going to break down and let me buy a new CW!! Just got an offer no price, waiting for an e-mail! They mentioned patterns with it, correct me if I am wrong unless the computer comes with it the patterns can not be resold?

Ike

TIMCOSBY
10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
purchased patterns are transferable. but there is a way around it if you think real hard.

Ike
10-26-2009, 05:45 PM
purchased patterns are transferable. but there is a way around it if you think real hard.

Hmm I guess doesn't seem right, but of course if a person sells their machine they have no use for them.

Ike

Kenm810
10-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Ike,

Check to see if LHR is going to have a 10% discount with No Shipping Charges for the Holidays.
We really don't want to see that Dollar burn a hole in your pocket!! :wink:

Ike
10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks Ken, I will look into it!

Ike

Shacky
10-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks Ken, I will look into it!

Ike

Best deal IMHO was what I did. I waited for Sears to have a 10% off sale (they called it Friends and Family), then ordered it on-line using the Bing Cashback. At the time, Cashback was 10%, then I had them ship it to my local store, so I got free shipping. So, $1899 - 190 -190=$1519. Plus, I wanted the 5 year warranty in a big way, so I bought that for $299 and the discounts applied to that too.

Not bragging, just letting you know that you can get a deal if you wait, with the holidays coming up, Sears is sure to have so percent off deals again soon.

Ike
10-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks Shacky, I am not in a big hurry that is why I passed up the deal for the CC with only 3 hours. I know there will be deals coming up! This will be my 4th machine!

Ike

earlyrider
10-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Good Heavens, it IS an addiction! I've got friends who specialize in counselling addicts! PM me; we can get you help.:(
Caringly,
Ron