PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Ike
10-24-2009, 05:17 PM
I came across a deal on a CC it was bought 03/08 and the owner used it only to scan some molding and it was too slow for him. So he shelved it until recently letting a friend use it and if they liked it he would sell it to them.

Well this person used it for 3 hours 33 minutes (note cut motor had 22 minutes on it before use) I was contacted and was given a price of $1000.00 which included shipping and a probe. Yes the software has been registered so not worth anything! Now not knowing the selling party I wanted to pay by visa and pay pal was suggested, but until today I was having issues with it.

This is my thoughts, the CC was new until 3 hr. 33 min. were put on it.... still new. Yet no warranty and not used enough to see if there is any issues. Sears sell reconditioned CC with a 6 month warranty for $999.99 same price except tax is added and possibly shipping? But again if a $300.00 issue occurs then it will wash any tax or shipping, not to mention any cost for trouble shooting calls to LHR.

So that said, what do you think?

Ike

mtylerfl
10-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Hello,

All things considered and for roughly the same price, a Sears recon unit seems to be the way to go...unless you really need another probe - that adds a couple hundred dollars or so value to the individual's unit.

jab73180
10-24-2009, 05:27 PM
i would offer 750, that is if i had money

Ike
10-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Hello,

All things considered and for roughly the same price, a Sears recon unit seems to be the way to go...unless you really need another probe - that adds a couple hundred dollars or so value to the individual's unit.

Thanks Michael I was thinking the same! As forth the the probe it really is worthless without the software. The owner registered the software so if I didn't already have a probe it would cost me $199.00 for the software. But I mentioned that and they were throwing the probe in for the same price. Then turned around and told me they were giving to somebody else since I had one!

Which is ok, but not what we first agreed on! Who knows I could scan on two machine at once! Anyway I offered a lower price and I guess you will be seeing it on e-bay!

I just wanted to know am I making the right choice and I trust the input of my fellow members!

Ike

Ike
10-24-2009, 05:34 PM
i would offer 750, that is if i had money

Lol I offered $700.00 plus shipping!

Ike

Ike
10-24-2009, 05:40 PM
This is why this forum is so great! We watch out for each other!!

Ike

Ike
10-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Not looking for attention, but could I get advice from any or all members on this topic? This way it will help others who may find their self in my situation.

Ike

Ike
10-24-2009, 06:50 PM
The majority rules! This deal is gone! I appreciate the open and PM post for helping me not to make a mistake I may regret in the future! I will find another CW in time, good things happen to those who wait!

Ike

c6craig
10-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Ike,

The right machine will find you! You are doing it the right way, you have time on your side so wait it out until you find the deal you want!

Good luck,
Craig

Ike
10-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks Craig I just got excited last night thinking about a new never used machine and then reality set in and I though about the what ifs!

I will find the machine and will most likely end of buying a new CW! Still this is a great forum that we can help and learn from each other!

Ike

Fletcher
10-24-2009, 07:52 PM
I bought a "factory reconditioned" machine from Deal Monger.com. It came with the probe, all the bits, and only had 20 minutes on the cut motor. I paid $1299 and was keeping my fingers crossed until it arrived. When it did arrive it was almost like brand new - i couldn't have been more pleased.

It also has the probe plug inside the cover instead of on the z-truck which I assume means LHR upgraded it.

Worth looking into for you perhaps...

c6craig
10-24-2009, 08:21 PM
It's tough to call - I also bought one from Dealmonger, that was my first machine...It's also the black sheep that is now being shipped back to LHR.

I have repaired many many things on that machine, but if I knew then what I know now about these machines I would have sent it right back. I didn't fully realize how screwed up that machine was until I got a second one and saw how they really should act.

Again, it's tough to call, I am sure there are a million guys with Dealmonger machines carving their hearts out....maybe I was just an unlucky one. I almost think there is no rhyme or reason to geting a bad machine or a good machine...more luck of the draw...

Craig

Ike
10-24-2009, 10:05 PM
I checked out Deal mongers and the price was $1099.99. I guess I am will need to save up and buy a new CW! In the mean time I have my K2 CNC that I really need to learn how to use!

Ike