PDA

View Full Version : Y Truck Frozen

dongear@earthlink.net
10-24-2009, 11:15 AM
I am hoping for some help. I had to replace my Board Sensor Cable, so I had to remove my Y Truck. I just put it back on the rails, and am at steps 5 & 6 in the PDF "Service-Replacing the Y Truck". The adjustable bearings are in the loose position, but even in the tightened position the truck does not move at all. It appears that the belt is restraining any movement, although I adjusted it according to the PDF.

Can anyone help me proceed and solve this minor crisis in my life. I have gifts to carve for Christmas!

Thanks,

Don

robbrigg2
10-24-2009, 11:22 AM
I am hoping for some help. I had to replace my Board Sensor Cable, so I had to remove my Y Truck. I just put it back on the rails, and am at steps 5 & 6 in the PDF "Service-Replacing the Y Truck". The adjustable bearings are in the loose position, but even in the tightened position the truck does not move at all. It appears that the belt is restraining any movement, although I adjusted it according to the PDF.

Can anyone help me proceed and solve this minor crisis in my life. I have gifts to carve for Christmas!

Thanks,

Don

Hey Don,

I had the same problem not long ago. It turned out that I was not getting the truck on exactly right. When you put it on you need to start with the bottom edge first and then lift it up to ensure both of the bottom bearings are on the rail, then put the top on. It took me some time but I finally got it...

Don't know if this will help

Digitalwoodshop
10-24-2009, 12:36 PM
It could be the bearings are not centered on the round rails causing the jamming. With the off centered hold in the adjustable bearing you can't get it too tight but you CAN get the bearing not centered on the round rod... Moving is back and forth then tighten, then move and tighten and you will get it....

It can also be the Motor is not centered in the U Shaped cut out and the big gear is rubbing on the black U shaped machine part...

AL

dongear@earthlink.net
10-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Al,

You hit the nail on the head. I had the motor too far down, and the sprocket was stopped from turning by the metal piece underneatth it. I thought it wanted to go all the way down, but I guess it doesn't. Thanks so much for the help.

Don

Digitalwoodshop
10-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Good Job fixing it.

AL