PDA

View Full Version : no clicking

leethehunter
10-23-2009, 11:57 AM
just yesterday i was doing a project and when bringing machine down on board it did not click and assume i am getting too much pressure as the machine stalls making a horrible noise tells me to check tracking roller. have a project i need done tomorrow for a memorial service please help:confused:

c6craig
10-23-2009, 12:06 PM
You can try making sure your vertical rails are lubed well, as well as the inside rails.

If that doesnt work, I have also taken off the crank handle before and gave it a quick shot of wd-40 into the clutch, sometimes that helps.

You should be able to put a bathroom scale in the machine and crank down til it hits about 80-85 lbs of pressure.

Good luck.

Craig

dbfletcher
10-23-2009, 12:08 PM
I would definately check the head pressure (bathroom scale test), but I fear that "horrible noise" you heard was most likley your X drive gears stripping.

I'd check you head pressure.. if it is ok, then just put a board in the machine and have it measure length. Watch for pauses in board movment which could indicate stripped or broken teeth on the X gears.

Doug Fletcher

c6craig
10-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Also, until you get the head pressure worked out I wouldn't try actuallly feeding boards in it, you could damage the compression rollers or the board tracking sensor if it is really cranked down, or even strip gears if it's trying to move the board and can't.

Craig

edit : Doug beat me to it, I thought about the gears as an afterthought...

Eagle Hollow
10-23-2009, 02:01 PM
just yesterday i was doing a project and when bringing machine down on board it did not click and assume i am getting too much pressure as the machine stalls making a horrible noise tells me to check tracking roller. have a project i need done tomorrow for a memorial service please help:confused:

Also, check to make sure your board is exactly the same width end to end. If not, it will bind up and strip your X axis gears.