PDA

View Full Version : Carvewright carving bits

Dennis1
10-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Is there any place where I can buy the 1/16 carving bit @ the 1/8 cutting bit without the adapters? I have several adapters.

eromran
10-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Is there any place where I can buy the 1/16 carving bit @ the 1/8 cutting bit without the adapters? I have several adapters.You might check ebay and Amozon

rjustice
10-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Is there any place where I can buy the 1/16 carving bit @ the 1/8 cutting bit without the adapters? I have several adapters.

Hi Dennis,
Carving, and Cutout bits are available on my website www.cw-parts.com

I will be adding more to the website soon, adding the 1/16 cut out bits offered in .312 and .500 flute lengths. Keep in mind that you will have to take very light depth of cuts with them... I will also be adding bits for centerline engraving in 1/8, and 1/4 diameters for small text. They come to a sharp point and leave very little flat in the bottom of the lettering.

Thanks,

Ron

seabass
10-23-2009, 04:35 PM
How about some "down-cut" cut out bits.

I'll take a couple in each size if you can get them.

I would love to get the exact 1/8" cutter that CW offers, but in a down-cut version.

The stock cut out bit with the machine is still the best I have used in a CarveWright machine, even in the up-cut configuration.

rjustice
10-23-2009, 08:19 PM
How about some "down-cut" cut out bits.

I'll take a couple in each size if you can get them.

I would love to get the exact 1/8" cutter that CW offers, but in a down-cut version.

The stock cut out bit with the machine is still the best I have used in a CarveWright machine, even in the up-cut configuration.

If you are cutting 3/4 or less, you can go with the shorter version i sell (i offer them in 2 lengths), and you will find that it holds up very well! It is an upcut however....

Ron

jab73180
10-23-2009, 08:22 PM
what would the purpose of a down cutting bit????

rjustice
10-23-2009, 08:34 PM
what would the purpose of a down cutting bit????

Probably to force the sawdust down through the downdraft slot. If you are taking a full depth of cut, through your workpiece it works nice. However, if you are taking several shallow depth of cuts, it is not a good idea because the chips do not have anywhere to go, and are therefore getting double cut... they clog up the flutes, and will likely break off the tool. I dont recommend them in the cw machine if you cannot cut completely through in one depth of cut.

Ron

Ike
10-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi Dennis,
Carving, and Cutout bits are available on my website www.cw-parts.com

I will be adding more to the website soon, adding the 1/16 cut out bits offered in .312 and .500 flute lengths. Keep in mind that you will have to take very light depth of cuts with them... I will also be adding bits for centerline engraving in 1/8, and 1/4 diameters for small text. They come to a sharp point and leave very little flat in the bottom of the lettering.

Thanks,

Ron

Ron do you have a 1/4 shank cutting bit? I broke both my CW cutting bits and need to replace them.

Ike

rjustice
10-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Ron do you have a 1/4 shank cutting bit? I broke both my CW cutting bits and need to replace them.

Ike

Hi Ike,
Mine are 1/8 shank, so if you are using a QC, you would need the bit adapter i sell on the website, or if you are using a Rock Chuck, you would need the Sleeve that goes to 1/8"... If you are looking for the 1/8 Cut out bit, i have them in both 3/4 length, and 1" length. You just specify when you add it to your cart. The 3/4 will only work when your board thickness is 3/4 or thinner. You can choke up on this tool a bit more, and it makes for a stronger tool, and will leave a nicer finish because it has very little flex to it.

Thanks for your interest...

Ron