PDA

View Full Version : free 3d

jpaluck
10-22-2009, 11:55 PM
this company was beta testing a program called cb model pro..was very simple and limited..guess the scraped the project and came up with 3dvia Shape...hadnt had time to play with it looks cool and easy and best part free
Looks similar to sketch-up but not sure never used it
http://www.3dvia.com/software/3dvia-shape/

Woodhacker
10-23-2009, 09:27 AM
I downloaded this little toy but it will not install under Vista. It will ONLY run on a system using XP. Shame it won't work for me.

jpaluck
10-23-2009, 09:37 AM
weird..it says vista under requirements...dont know...downloading it now to fool around

hogiewan
10-23-2009, 10:00 AM
I tried it, but (for me) it was very difficult to do CAD-type stuff where measurements matter. I'm working in an older version of Solidworks and I really like it - it works like I think

jpaluck
10-23-2009, 10:16 AM
yeah just played with it..very basic and you cant save your model and export to any format

will george
10-23-2009, 03:13 PM
I downloaded this little toy but it will not install under Vista. It will ONLY run on a system using XP. Shame it won't work for me.

Installed on my Vista. Try right click properties on the exe file. In the dialog box, in General tab see at the bottom Security: Click on the Unblock button if it is there.

I always install everything running as administrator.

Good luck.

seabass
10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Works on Vista Ultimate and Windows 7 for me.