PDA

View Full Version : Bit Settings don't match

ddouglass
10-21-2009, 09:25 PM
A couple of times I have set up carvings and when it came time for the cutting bit I get an error message saying the bit settings are not correct. I get 2 options Refind and Continue. The first time the refind worked the second time I tried. The second carving it could not refind. I had to tell it to continue.
What is causing this and how do I prevent it?

AskBud
10-21-2009, 10:04 PM
The last time I got a "re-find" notice, I removed the bit and put it back in. It was OK the second time. My take is that it may not have been in th QC properly.
AskBud

liquidguitars
10-21-2009, 10:32 PM
you could have some loose parts like the QC or truck i would do a wiggle test on all the parts.

Ike
10-22-2009, 01:01 AM
A couple of times I have set up carvings and when it came time for the cutting bit I get an error message saying the bit settings are not correct. I get 2 options Refind and Continue. The first time the refind worked the second time I tried. The second carving it could not refind. I had to tell it to continue.
What is causing this and how do I prevent it?

This will happen too if you have a "Rock" without bit sets. It has happened to me and with the QC as mentioned if the bit holder is not securely in the QC during set up and is when change or visa versa you will get this error.

Used to be you could fool the machine and have any bit to start, but with the new software not anymore!

Ike

jcorder
10-22-2009, 06:43 PM
I have also found that if I did not clean the sawdust out of the chuck before I started the project, it would pack more in and change the setting some. If I clean it each exchange, I don't have the problem.

Good luck
Jeff

ddouglass
10-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys. Next time it happens I will try to reset the bit. I had just cleaned the QC before starting the project. I really didn't have an option on that as it had gotten stuck. Once I finally got it to release the bit I was cleaning it up a bit and trying to get a little oil inside, when it literally fell apart. Took me a couple minutes to figure out how to get it back together but it was working much better after that. I guess I didn't get the cutting bit back in it right which caused the error.
Thanks again.

jcorder
10-22-2009, 08:51 PM
do you mean the QC fell apart and you put it back together?