PDA

View Full Version : not reading the borad

hess
10-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I keep getting Scale to length popping up. It will read the board as 27 but it will be 31.
It will measure correctly than sometimes it will than accept the board. Now does not seem to do it with the sleds

I need to know it it is something I need as in part for I will go out of Warranty soon

Also on the CC I have been getting a neat thing on the readout. It will change the 1st 2 letters on the reading out randomly. The thing will carve but just kinda strange. Maybe it is possessed

AskBud
10-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Several things!
If this is a CC, did you get the 5 Year warranty?

Wish we could see the board (warp, edge, color change, blemish, etc).
First, check the O-ring on the brass roller.
Get a good, clean, straight board with square ends and put it through the measurement process on the CC several times. Turn it, flip it, note each reading.

If it is not true on each reading, it's time to have Sear's do a repair. Their facility is in Garland Texas (Shop # 8047).
AskBud

jcorder
10-21-2009, 08:33 PM
while it is still covered, contact support for your machine and let them take a look at it. Much easier and quicker.

Good luck
Jeff

hess
10-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Several things!
If this is a CC, did you get the 5 Year warranty?

Wish we could see the board (warp, edge, color change, blemish, etc).
First, check the O-ring on the brass roller.
Get a good, clean, straight board with square ends and put it through the measurement process on the CC several times. Turn it, flip it, note each reading.

If it is not true on each reading, it's time to have Sear's do a repair. Their facility is in Garland Texas (Shop # 8047).
AskBud
Bud I ran the borad thought the plaber and ege it well ave a feling it will crap out right after thr warentj

Thr CCis under thr=e 5 yI can run it uo t garlanr not that far

Digitalwoodshop
10-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Any changes in Designer board size from before?...

AL

hess
10-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Any changes in Designer board size from before?...

AL

Hi Al

It happens on all different kinds of board sizes.

Mike's projects or anything. I went with the idea of bad wood but the other unit will run the same wood fine?

O ring is correct, senors are clean
I like you own stock in tape. Use down the middle and on the bottums

Digitalwoodshop
10-22-2009, 02:01 PM
First thing I would do is call up the brass roller on the options, sensor data and rotate it and watch it count. If it skips numbers it could be dirty....
I have not opened one but I bet dust is blocking the thin plastic with the little lines and 2 or 3 pulses are counted as 1..... Worth a look...

Head not level... Could cause weak pressure on the brass roller side.... Use Options and with a bit in, touch places of the board and look at the readings left to right....

Tape would be a good insurance... Give the roller something to bite into... Plus you can look at the tape for where the brass roller is not touching the sled if that is the case....

This gives you something to look at....

And you never get the message when it measures in Y, to scale?

Is the sand paper belt rolled over and raising the board over the brass roller?

AL

hess
10-22-2009, 07:06 PM
First thing I would do is call up the brass roller on the options, sensor data and rotate it and watch it count. If it skips numbers it could be dirty....
I have not opened one but I bet dust is blocking the thin plastic with the little lines and 2 or 3 pulses are counted as 1..... Worth a look...

Head not level... Could cause weak pressure on the brass roller side.... Use Options and with a bit in, touch places of the board and look at the readings left to right....

Tape would be a good insurance... Give the roller something to bite into... Plus you can look at the tape for where the brass roller is not touching the sled if that is the case....

This gives you something to look at....

And you never get the message when it measures in Y, to scale?

Is the sand paper belt rolled over and raising the board over the brass roller?

AL
I will check the roller tonight,
belts are all good.
Yes last night I got 3 Scale to with came up on 2 different boards

Digitalwoodshop
10-22-2009, 07:17 PM
There are 2 LED's in the board detector.... If one is broken off.... could influence the reading of width..... Shine a bright light while it measures... If normal look at the board detector...

Check board detector numbers with a sheet of white copy paper on board cranked down.... 146 to 156 good for copy paper... Less....= dirty window or one LED bad...

I use copy paper as a standard as board color changes the reading....

OR.... An encoder is dirty or slipping on the Y axis.....

AL