PDA

View Full Version : Group and resize on latest ver.

John
05-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Have been patiently waiting for this feature and it works great!! Thanks a bunch!

Next thing I would like to see is "single line" (meaning one pass) centerlining at a specified depth, to use on rounded fonts mainly.

Jwade
05-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Next thing I would like to see is "single line" (meaning one pass) centerlining at a specified depth, to use on rounded fonts mainly.
Has any one been able to get a good center line text from a ballnose bit?
Any size.1/16 ,1/8 ,1/4?I have tried many fonts. They all seem to have uneven depth or chatter marking. Or is it the uneducated operator with no depth? :|
Jwade

yenne
05-22-2006, 02:06 PM
The centerlining algorithm used by the software attempts to fill the letters, including any pointy corners. This is difficult or impossible with ballnose bits even though the software will attempt it. The result is almost always shallower than intended, with strange-looking depth changes due to the shallowness of the cuts.

When I've talked with folks who want to use ballnose bits, invariably they want to follow the centerline at a specified depth rather than try to fill the area of the letters. We are working on a second centerline mode that uses this approach.

dave
10-04-2006, 08:39 PM
The centerlining algorithm used by the software attempts to fill the letters, including any pointy corners. This is difficult or impossible with ballnose bits even though the software will attempt it. The result is almost always shallower than intended, with strange-looking depth changes due to the shallowness of the cuts.

When I've talked with folks who want to use ballnose bits, invariably they want to follow the centerline at a specified depth rather than try to fill the area of the letters. We are working on a second centerline mode that uses this approach.

I really use this functionality. When does C/w think it will become avalable?