PDA

View Full Version : Store Hours

jpeter14
10-21-2009, 03:29 PM
This is a sign made to show the local Woodcraft Store hours. Randy, the store owner and myself conspired a little on the design. Randy carved it and did the finish at his store. The script is recessed and then filled. Is a piece of mesquite, it was a 14 inches wide slab.

atauer
10-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Nice looking sign!

You both did an awesome job on this one. Can't wait to see some more projects from you guys.

fwharris
10-21-2009, 03:52 PM
This is a sign made to show the local Woodcraft Store hours. Randy, the store owner and myself conspired a little on the design. Randy carved it and did the finish at his store. The script is recessed and then filled. Is a piece of mesquite, it was a 14 inches wide slab.

Great job on the sign!!

You are lucky that your Woodcraft Store will even talk with someone about the CarveWright. My local store manager (Loveland, Co.) just sticks his nose up in the air when ever I try to talk to him about it. Let

hogiewan
10-21-2009, 08:38 PM
what is the lettering filled with?

jpeter14
10-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Yes, Floyd we are lucky to have Randy as owner at our Woodcraft Store. He has a machine there at the store and has sold several, don't know how many he has sold. It always looks very busy there. I lived in Fort Morgan, Colorado for about 14 or 15 years, loved it. Did business with a company in Loveland, very nice Town and beautiful there.
Hogiewan, I think the lettering was filled with a product called InLace. It is granular and you mix it with an epoxy type material. See it in a lot of turned project. You can get it at a Woodcraft Store.

fwharris
10-22-2009, 01:17 AM
[QUOTE=jpeter14;107777]Yes, Floyd we are lucky to have Randy as owner at our Woodcraft Store. He has a machine there at the store and has sold several, don't know how many he has sold. It always looks very busy there. I lived in Fort Morgan, Colorado for about 14 or 15 years, loved it. Did business with a company in Loveland, very nice Town and beautiful there.
QUOTE]

A former Beat Digger!! Ft. Morgan is a great little town. Far enough from the big cities to keep it's country attitude. One of my hunting/fishing buddy lives there. Great place to find a few pheasants and the sky carp (geese) are very plentiful!

I am actually in Greeley. The problem with the store manager here is he thinks of the CW as printer and not a woodworking tool. Glad to hear not all stores are like this one..

hogiewan
10-22-2009, 06:20 AM
Hogiewan, I think the lettering was filled with a product called InLace. It is granular and you mix it with an epoxy type material. See it in a lot of turned project. You can get it at a Woodcraft Store.

I thought it was inLace. I have been meaning to try it out.

RayTrek
10-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Outstanding sign,
You do not see some thing like that every day.
Custom deluxe.
Ray

will george
10-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Very nice and then some.

Any details on how the text was painted without staining the surrounding wood. Sorry, I need all th help I can get :>)

TucsonWoodcraft
10-22-2009, 12:07 PM
All the lettering was carved out and then filled with InLace. You can buy Inlace products at most Woodcraft stores or check out www.InLaceProducts.com for more info.

Thanks for all the great feedback on the sign. John & I had fun collaborating on the design.

hogiewan
10-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Can you post a close-up of the green InLace and share which color/style that is?

William Blankenship
10-22-2009, 12:57 PM

Very Nice Sign!!! I like the design and finish.

I hadn't realized mesquite had such a nice grain. I wish it were available to me at my local lumber yard.

Bill....

TucsonWoodcraft
10-22-2009, 05:09 PM
The green in the letters & numbers is actual Inlace's granular & nugget "turquoise" mixed with their silver flakes and clear epoxy. It is not actual turquoise which makes it easier to sand.