PDA

View Full Version : Raised Vector Cuts

zampogna
10-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi Folks
Is there a way to create a carved region and then insert raised vector cuts in the area that has been lowered .
Dammed if I can figure it out.
For example , if I do a region , then a circle in the region , then select a tool for the circle, it is not possible to invert it so it stick up rether than down deeper.

Peter

Kenm810
10-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi Peter,

I Don't Know of a way to carve a raised Vector line or pattern, to be Honest I never tried,
I work around it by add a white colored Line Pattern to the Carved Region.
I draw the shape or figure I what with white lines in any Graphic program, import it into Designer,
save it as a Pattern File so I can use it again when ever I need it.
Remember to add a little Draft to widen it's base to help prevent chip-out
This might not be what your looking for, but it one solution I've used. :wink:

zampogna
10-22-2009, 07:17 AM
Thank You Ken

That is what I had in mind.
I understand one of the two circles you drew in the lowered area.
How do you get the other one to have a half round profile and what graphic program are you using.

Thank You Peter

Kenm810
10-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Peter,

The half rounded one (Circle 3a) was made with a wider drawn line
and finished with grayscale in a graphics program.
Glad the patterns are useful to you. :smile:

preetrar73
10-23-2009, 07:23 AM
I have seen a previous post on this subject. Where can I find information on this subject and how do I work out roughly the frequency output by applying different perameters??

Thank you

jab73180
10-23-2009, 08:29 PM
i dont know if this helps but i know you can invert the pattern, so instead of it being an inny, it can be an outy, or vise versa.

gashawk
10-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Try making a carve region, then feather 1/4 inch. Make your next line a connected line say a circle inside your carve region. Make the second circle a carve region also. Feather it 1/4 inch and give it a full draft.

Kenm810
10-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Karl,

Nice explanation, for another handy Tip to put into Tool Box. :smile:

ajk
10-24-2009, 07:06 AM
is like this?
hilda