PDA

View Full Version : just noticed no bit removal tool

Rapidroy
10-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Got it working. But they shorted me the bit removal tool. Man, if it's not one thing it's another.

dbfletcher
10-20-2009, 10:07 PM
did you look thru all the styrofoam inserts?? I'm thinking my was in one of those... but that was years ago.. packing may be different now.

Doug Fletcher

www.go3d.us
10-21-2009, 01:42 AM
It could be somewhere inside those foam pocket.

Rapidroy
10-21-2009, 11:55 AM
its nowhere to be found. Can you remove the bit without the tool I tried but I'm new to this machine and didn't want to break anything.

dbfletcher
10-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I would call LHR... they should send a replacement. If you have any problems let me know. I replaced both of my QC with the ROCK chuck so I have no need for the removal tools anymore. I will send you one if you cant get a replacement from LHR.

Doug Fletcher

Rapidroy
10-21-2009, 12:08 PM
At one point Sears transferred me to LHR, and they told me to call Sears. LOL. I just want Sears to make it good. But for now Im stuck with 1/16 bit to do all the work till I can get it out.

seabass
10-21-2009, 12:14 PM
As far as I know the bit removal tool does NOT come with the Sears CompuCarve. I did not get one in any of the three. It did not show it included in any of the Sears literature I got when I purchased either. Did yours?

I have no trouble getting the bit out without the removal tool at all. You do not have to have that tool to remove the bit and I always thought the bit removal tool was just an extra thing you could get if you wanted.

Should I have received one too?

dbfletcher
10-21-2009, 12:17 PM
I had gone through three sears compucarve when I first started.... returned for various defects... but all three came witht he removal tool. This was in 2007 though so maybe they changed things.

Doug Fletcher

seabass
10-21-2009, 12:20 PM
They must have changed it because out of three I never saw one. I ordered one and paid the 14.99(I think) but never used it! My only machine has a Rock coming any day now anyway. I never really missed it, still if I should have gotten one it would have been nice.

PCW
10-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Roy,

During the time I had my Quick Chuck on my machine I don't think I ever used the tool. It is mainly so you don't cut yourself on the bit during a bit change. I always sort of thought is was useless.

Till you get it sorted out just wear a glove while changing bits.

dbfletcher
10-21-2009, 12:22 PM
This is directly off the sears website for the reconditioned machines...

"Compact, computer-controlled, 3-dimensional woodworking machine with an easy-to-use interface. It allows a novice to make a complete project without a shop full of tools.The unique configuration allows it to perform many other woodworking functions, including ripping, cross cutting, mitering, contouring, jointing and routing. The CompuCarve can work in most soft materials, including wood, plastics (polycarbonate or cast acrylic) and certain types of high density foam. Set includes CompuCarve machine, (1) 1/16 in. carbide carving bit, (1) 1/8 in. carbide cutting bit, CarveWright Memory Card, starter software package, (2) 1/4 in. bit adaptors, vacuum bag adaptor, bit removal tool, hex wrench, owner's manual and Quick Start Guide."

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00910148000P?vName=Tools&cName=Bench+%26+Stationary+Power+Tools&sName=Jointers%2C+Planers+%26+Shapers

It DOES include the bit removal tool.

Doug Fletcher

Azbear
10-21-2009, 12:24 PM
As far as I know the bit removal tool does NOT come with the Sears CompuCarve. I did not get one in any of the three. It did not show it included in any of the Sears literature I got when I purchased either. Did yours?

I have no trouble getting the bit out without the removal tool at all. You do not have to have that tool to remove the bit and I always thought the bit removal tool was just an extra thing you could get if you wanted.

I have 2 Sears CC's and the tool came with both of them.

seabass
10-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Guess I should have received one then!

Oh well the machine running nice is good enough for me at this point.

Kenm810
10-21-2009, 12:31 PM
The Bit Removal Tool came wth CC unit I got from Sears in 2006, -- I only used it once, and that was to see how it worked.

I also bought the "CW Bit Adjustment Tool" form the CW Store about the same time for $15.00, -- I haven't needed to use that one yet! http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

seabass
10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
I had no idea there were the two(Bit Removal Tool and Bit Adjustment Tool) and they were different!

It is nearly a useless tool from what I can tell. I know you should get what you paid for, but to me it's not worth sending your machine back over it, especially if the machine is working in all other respects.

hess
10-21-2009, 01:55 PM

Then you got done with no lube. I have both a CW and CC they both came with exactly the same items just a different name

www.go3d.us
10-21-2009, 01:59 PM

I bought the CW from sears and yet they do have the bit removal tool. However, I rarely used it. You can remove the bit with just one hand, or two :) just grab the outer ring and get a hold on the top and lift it up.

I hope your problems solved.

dbfletcher
10-21-2009, 02:02 PM
At one point Sears transferred me to LHR, and they told me to call Sears. LOL. I just want Sears to make it good. But for now Im stuck with 1/16 bit to do all the work till I can get it out.

Send me a PM with your address if you would like me to send you one of mine. Like I said, they have no usefulness for me anymore now that I switched both my machine to a ROCK. Or better yet... save yourself from some trouble in the future and just replace your qc now with a Rock chuck. You will never regret it.

Doug Fletcher

mtylerfl
10-21-2009, 02:04 PM
They must have changed it because out of three I never saw one. I ordered one and paid the 14.99(I think) but never used it! My only machine has a Rock coming any day now anyway. I never really missed it, still if I should have gotten one it would have been nice.

All machines are supposed to include the bit removal tool (both my machines are from Sears and have the bit removal tool included). I use it at every bit change. I'm sure LHR will send you one if you were shorted the item in the box. In fact, they may appreciate the call so they can make sure the factory is not somehow leaving them out in error.

dbfletcher
10-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Michael,

Actually if you follow the whole thread, he siad he did speak with LHR and they referred him back to Sears. But I agree, I think LHR should step and just send him the tools. After all, in the end it is there name and reputation on the line with a new customer.

Doug Fletcher

Edit: I just realized you were responding to another post on this thread (3 machines and never a bit removal tool) rather than the original poster.

Wilbur
10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
I talked with LHR the other week and they told me that they had nothing to do with Sears and that if I got it from Sears to go to Sears.
I realy don't know what that nent because for the first 200 hr I had to deal with LHR any way of maybe I could have went to Sears from the get go.

Wilbur

TIMCOSBY
10-21-2009, 11:01 PM
used mine so it shouldnt be a big deal.

Rapidroy
10-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Well I did some real work on the CW tonight and I got by without the tool so I think I'll be fine without it for now. I just wanted Sears to cought one up, I guess its like not getting everything you pay for.

Ike
10-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Roy I have an extra one if you want send a pm with your address and I will give you one of mine!

Ike

Rapidroy
10-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi All
Guess what was in the mail today, I got a bit removal and alan wrench! It looks like Sears had CW send me the stuff. I now have a Rock Chuck, but so far so good with Sears and the follow through.