PDA

View Full Version : merging centerline text with other patterns

miked
10-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Just purchased Centerline Text module and v-bits.
I have a rectangle that I want to cover with a floral pattern. I want to have some text carved out of the center of the rectangle.

Assuming the floral pattern will be carved with a bull-nose 1/16" bit in raster mode, and the text will be carved in vector mode with 1 of the v-bits...how does 1 job get cut with 2 bits, and how do the 2 elements (floral pattern & text object) combine in designer?

Thanks for any insight and advice you can give!

Mike

cnsranch
10-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Go here, Mike - this was the BEST T&T for me - teaches many elements in one, including what you want to do...

http://carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWright_Tips_and_Tricks_Mar08.pdf

bjbethke
10-21-2009, 02:33 AM
Just purchased Centerline Text module and v-bits.
I have a rectangle that I want to cover with a floral pattern. I want to have some text carved out of the center of the rectangle.

Assuming the floral pattern will be carved with a bull-nose 1/16" bit in raster mode, and the text will be carved in vector mode with 1 of the v-bits...how does 1 job get cut with 2 bits, and how do the 2 elements (floral pattern & text object) combine in designer?

Thanks for any insight and advice you can give!

Mike
If I am reading you right. centerline will only carve on the top of the board, you can cheat that, but I would make a second MPC and when it ask for the bit - put it in the depth (move the bit to that point)you want it carve.... this is not recommended, can be done. Make sure you are doing it right, know how your machine works, it is a simple unit if you treat it right. If you mess up it could cost$ 

Post your MPC I might be able to give you a better answer.

AskBud
10-13-2010, 01:39 AM
There is now new software that allows you/us to place text in recessed carve areas!
It's called "Conforming Vectors". Here is a thread on some initial testing by members, after release.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16538-Conforming-Vectors-Test&p=140112#post140112
AskBud