PDA

View Full Version : Getting Patterns to work

darmstrong
10-20-2009, 01:31 PM
OK guys and gals, I am new to all of this.

I bought a pattern, (Coho) and downloaded it to the computer.

I then followed the instructions (several times) to save the file and register the license for the pattern.

My account, online, says the pattern is licensed and the instructions for loading the pattern said the pattern is licensed.

When I try to upload a project with the pattern contained within a project, I get a message that the pattern is not licensed.

Any ideas on how to cure the problem??

fwharris
10-20-2009, 03:21 PM
OK guys and gals, I am new to all of this.

I bought a pattern, (Coho) and downloaded it to the computer.

I then followed the instructions (several times) to save the file and register the license for the pattern.

My account, online, says the pattern is licensed and the instructions for loading the pattern said the pattern is licensed.

When I try to upload a project with the pattern contained within a project, I get a message that the pattern is not licensed.

Any ideas on how to cure the problem??

Have you done the "manage license" through the HELP tab in designer?

darmstrong
10-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Yep, been there and done that. I have "managed" everything but the ability to get it to work:roll:

fwharris
10-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Ok then.. in the pop up window when you do the manage license does tha pattern show up under the tab for patterns?

AskBud
10-20-2009, 03:34 PM
You may need to reload that pattern to the existing project, if it was saved prior the the purchase.
AskBud

darmstrong
10-20-2009, 05:44 PM
I will try that soon. I have one students project running right now. :mrgreen:

darmstrong
10-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Ok then.. in the pop up window when you do the manage license does tha pattern show up under the tab for patterns?

Yes it does.

fwharris
10-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Since it shows up in your license file then it is probably AskBud's solution..

Let us know what you found out....

darmstrong
10-21-2009, 10:11 AM
I started a new project and imported the image and get the same note, not licensed. Running out of ideas here.

darmstrong
10-21-2009, 11:02 AM
The file shows up as licensed in my Carvewright registration file at the CW site. It does not show up in "My licenses". Even though it says the registration was successful.

fwharris
10-21-2009, 11:15 AM
The file shows up as licensed in my Carvewright registration file at the CW site. It does not show up in "My licenses". Even though it says the registration was successful.

Just verifying that you have done the following steps:

If you have internet access on the computer being registered, this is very easy:
1) In the CarveWright Designer, select "Manage Licenses" from the Help menu.
2) Press the "Update Licenses" button.
3) Follow the prompts, and you will be given the option to associate the project with this computer. Note: If you have already associated this project with two computers, you will not be given this option.

If I recall it right, when it takes you to the CW site the pattern should show up with a box. check the box and hit continue..

If this still does not work you might have to call software support to see if they can figure it out...

darmstrong
10-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I have tried everything. Their instructions and the ones posted here and nothing so far. The registration at CW says it is licensed but it still does not show up under the patterns licenses within My Licenses no matter what I do. Henceforth it won't upload to any file.

Time to call....

ddouglass
10-21-2009, 12:33 PM
I have one from Little Red Woodshop that won't work either and it is supposed to be a free pattern. I get the same message when I try to use it.