PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

JDPratt
10-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Can I get a little help with this pic. I am not a photoshop guy and I dont know how to fix this. When I bring it up in designer I get a lot of static in the background. Little holes and bumps. I plan to make a litho out of this. If someone thinks they can help please let me know and I will PM the high res. photo (4+mb) for "adjustment". Thanks in advance.

robbrigg2
10-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Can I get a little help with this pic. I am not a photoshop guy and I dont know how to fix this. When I bring it up in designer I get a lot of static in the background. Little holes and bumps. I plan to make a litho out of this. If someone thinks they can help please let me know and I will PM the high res. photo (4+mb) for "adjustment". Thanks in advance.

JD... I would love to help you... just send me the highest resolution picture you have... my email is robbrigg2@aol.com and I will see what I can do. Also, let me know if there are changes that you need made.

Thanks

Robert

bjbethke
10-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Not sure that image will make a good PTN; big problem is the Black background. Photo shop destroys the image can you send an image with a white background??? E-mail if you need to.

PCW
10-19-2009, 05:11 PM
I gave it a shot..I hope it helps.

Good job!!! That looks nice.

Ken Massingale
10-19-2009, 06:24 PM
I just erased the background.

bjbethke
10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi JDPratt Looks like some one is awake, they look good, but I would invert the MPc's, unless you would like to make a negitave carving. Hope the USA PTN’s is working for you. Thanks again

JDPratt
10-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks for all the great replys. Sorry so long in getting back on here. I was in the shop all day yesterday getting some welding and woodwork done. PM's on the way. I really appreciate the help.

Woodhacker
10-20-2009, 11:02 AM
If you take this one and invert it and delete the feather, it looks really good.

eromran
10-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi JDPratt Looks like some one is awake, they look good, but I would invert the MPc's, unless you would like to make a negitave carvung. Hope the USA Ptn's are working for you. Thanks againSince he was wanting to do a litho i think the MPC is correct the face is white so you want it carved deeper so light shines through it easier.On wood it would turn out better to invert it and have the stain run down in the cuts as to outline it. Correct me if I'm wrong i may be thinking all off.

HighTechOkie
10-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Lithos tend to be very forgiving. What looks horrible on the screen in Designer will usually turn out looking good when carved in acrylic. The main thing is to have as high a resolution photo or scan as possible.

Rob

JDPratt
10-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Here is another question about Lithos or more specifically Corian. Has anyone attempted to cut the corian? I would prefer to do this outside the machine, but I am not sure my tools will accomplish this feat without damaging the Corian. I am thinking of doing a round or octagonal shape to the corian for the light box. Has anyone attempted to do this with a Tablesaw (octagonal) or Bandsaw (for the round or octagonal). Because my experience with Corian is limited, I don't really know if the properties in the material will allow this or it is just going to crack, explode, or chip-out using standard tools.

Eagle Hollow
10-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Here is another question about Lithos or more specifically Corian. Has anyone attempted to cut the corian? I would prefer to do this outside the machine, but I am not sure my tools will accomplish this feat without damaging the Corian. I am thinking of doing a round or octagonal shape to the corian for the light box. Has anyone attempted to do this with a Tablesaw (octagonal) or Bandsaw (for the round or octagonal). Because my experience with Corian is limited, I don't really know if the properties in the material will allow this or it is just going to crack, explode, or chip-out using standard tools.

JD

I cut Corian with an 80 tooth finish blade on the table saw and resaw slabs with the band saw. I have access to 3/4" scraps that I carve as is or resaw and sand to 1/4" thick for lithophanes. Never have had a problem.

Jerry

JDPratt
10-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks, Good to know that I am not going to experiment with expensive materials. Wood is easy, just have to know the different characteristics of the grain and porosity. Corian is a new one for me.