PDA

View Full Version : So what is the scoop

newcarver
10-19-2009, 07:06 AM
How is the newest software holding up. Been away for awhile and not been keeping up with the new releases.
Is it reliable?
What of all my old patterns?
Is it still a pain in the butt to import all the ones prior to 1.130?
And yes I looked around for input on this. I would like the most recent input I can get.
Last time I used 1.131 it burned the wood and broke a bit, not user error either. I have had my machine for going on 4yrs now.

newcarver
10-31-2009, 10:55 AM
1 week and no replies, I hope that this is not an indication of the new softwares reliability

Old Salt
10-31-2009, 11:30 AM
new updates very good have had no problems with it . worth the time seams to be OK

swhitney
10-31-2009, 11:49 AM
ditto . no problems

mtylerfl
10-31-2009, 12:13 PM
No problems with 1.153...(also, had no problems with 1.131 either - bits were fine - no breakage.)

Digitalwoodshop
10-31-2009, 12:39 PM
The only thing I noticed with 1.153 is that while doing text in Centerline, between letters it turns off the cut motor for a split second then turns it back on... Unless it is my imagination listening to the machine cut....

I would like to see a delay in turning off the Cut Motor between cutting letters.... That Off ON of the cut motor is not good on the motor in my opinion.

What are others seeing? Could be a problem with my X Termination board?

AL

mtylerfl
10-31-2009, 12:52 PM
The only thing I noticed with 1.153 is that while doing text in Centerline, between letters it turns off the cut motor for a split second then turns it back on... Unless it is my imagination listening to the machine cut....

I would like to see a delay in turning off the Cut Motor between cutting letters.... That Off ON of the cut motor is not good on the motor in my opinion.

What are others seeing? Could be a problem with my X Termination board?

AL

Hi AL,

I haven't cut centerline text with 1.153 yet, but it seems like I recall the motor does stop/start periodically during centerline lettering procedures even in the previous versions. Never really thought about it until you brought it up - I just let the machine do its thing.

rfoster
10-31-2009, 12:58 PM
No problems either, seems to be working well....

Richard
Ver. 1.153

Ike
10-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Well I did break 2 cutting bits, but I also switched to the "Rock" the same time! So I am thinking it was because I try to guess -estimate where the bit was during set up and of course received the bit not found message and continue anyway. So I am thinking the bits broke due to OP error.

So no issues so far with the upgrade, my designer has crashed a few times, again might be having too much opened?

Ike

Ps good to see ya my friend!

seabass
10-31-2009, 01:28 PM
If I am doing multiple cutouts I always hear the motor slow while it goes to the next cutout(while in mid air) and this is not while using center line so I think it is completely normal. I do not think it is hard on the motor at all. No different than changing a speed on a router. As long as it is not doing it while plowing out wood it can't hurt the motor.

I have the wife trained to listen to the machine and she saved me twice already saying the machine sounded funny. A few times she just heard the slow down in between letters.

wasacop75
10-31-2009, 08:57 PM
I seem to hear a slower motor when i first start a carve. Then i get an error message, and when i restart, it sounds fine.