PDA

View Full Version : Quality of probe scan

want2b
10-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Have scanned a multiple items but never really compared input to product. Attached photos are of a small lighthouse model scanned and an actual carving using the Ptn. Am very impressed by the detail, may not be like a photgraph but actually shows texture not visable in a pic. The curving lines wrapping around the lighthouse on the Ptn are where the black & white paint meet on the original. The raised lines on the scanned Ptn are actually caused by the overlapping thickness of the paints, not by a physical line on the original
The original is about 4.5" tall and the carving is 10.5' so it is doubling the size, just amazes me that the windows and other features are so obvious. In a perfect world the would be crisp and clean, reality is it's hard t believe the even show up.
Objects were scanned using 1.134, don;t know if the newer software may have improved the results. Am considering stripping the orig and redoing it to see how it would look.
Don't know if anybody has provided any thing foe comparison, hope this helps if anybody is considering buying a probe but unsure of the quality.
Rick H.

mtylerfl
10-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks for sharing the photo. I too, have been amazed at what the scanning probe can duplicate!

hogiewan
10-19-2009, 08:57 AM
very nice, thanks. I haven't gotten to use my probe yet.