PDA

View Full Version : Rouer bit storage

mailman
05-15-2006, 03:43 AM
I use a router table like the one on "The Router Workshop" and there is a slot on one side of the table to make a drawer to hold router bits. After I received my router table, I went through the process of measuring and drawing parallel lines to use to drill holes that hold the router bits and then drilling these holes, which took a lot of time. This worked good but I have over time collected more bits than I had drilled holes for. I was going to make another drawer just like the one I had made before to hold more bits and I thought this would make a good project for the Carvewright - I was right. It took about 2 minutes to draw the project on the software and 15 to drill the holes. The holes to hold the router bits are drilled all the way through a 3/4" piece of plywood and then the 3/4" plywood is glued on top of a larger piece of 1/4" plywood to keep the bits from dropping all the way through the 3/4" plywood and to slide in and out of the grooves in the table. After the Carvewright gets through drilling out the holes, the project looks very professional - much better than the original one I had drilled the old fashioned way and works terrific. I use the space in the front of the board to glue my holder for my brass measuring bars. You can look at my project to get an idea and change it meet your needs. My project is made for a 9x9" board.