PDA

View Full Version : Clipping Patterns in a feathered carve region

bowfingers
10-17-2009, 06:44 PM
I am making a project with a 10.5 X 3.5 ¼ inch deep carve region and have put a ¼ inch feather on the edge. I am putting several patterns in this carve region and I am using the ‘clip carving’ feature to layer the patterns but when I do this, my feather edge becomes distorted. Is there any way to get a even feathered edge in a cave region when you clip patterns over the edge?

DocWheeler
10-18-2009, 09:08 AM
bowfingers,

Check the patterns that you are putting in the region and make certain that the "Feather" on each pattern is set to zero (none).

Other than that, I do not know.

bjbethke
10-18-2009, 11:17 AM
I am making a project with a 10.5 X 3.5 ¼ inch deep carve region and have put a ¼ inch feather on the edge. I am putting several patterns in this carve region and I am using the ‘clip carving’ feature to layer the patterns but when I do this, my feather edge becomes distorted. Is there any way to get a even feathered edge in a cave region when you clip patterns over the edge?
The `clip carving function` will place your PTN's on the outside of the carve region, you could flip the feather, the image will go into the feather - but it will not distort the image.

bowfingers
10-18-2009, 11:54 AM
BJB
Thanks for your suggestion, but how do you flip the feather?
This screen shot is what I get when I try.

bjbethke
10-18-2009, 01:48 PM
BJB
Thanks for your suggestion, but how do you flip the feather?
This screen shot is what I get when I try.
That image would look best with out the feathers function. You need the background removed so the PTN would not affect the feather. You get a dropdown message when you select the feather for the carve region in version 1.153.

You could try lowering the height to 10 to 25 on the background image it may show the feather more?? And make the depth close to the depth of the carve region???

bowfingers
10-18-2009, 07:39 PM
That image would look best with out the feathers function. You need the background removed so the PTN would not affect the feather. You get a dropdown message when you select the feather for the carve region in version 1.153.

You could try lowering the height to 10 to 25 on the background image it may show the feather more?? And make the depth close to the depth of the carve region???

I upgraded to the latest version and found the flip feather feature and will give it a try.
Thanks for your help!