PDA

View Full Version : Mac Tutorial

Bob K
05-14-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm trying out the Mac version (machine on order) and find that the Tutorial won't open. Is there a Tutorial in this Beta version? Also, I can't figure out how to import a .jpg and get it into the current project.
Thanks

pkunk
05-16-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm trying out the Mac version (machine on order) and find that the Tutorial won't open. Is there a Tutorial in this Beta version? Also, I can't figure out how to import a .jpg and get it into the current project.
Thanks
The tutorial is an 'exe' file so it won't open on your Mac. Go to file> import image and follow the instructions.
What Mac OS do you have? - What machine? how much ram?

yenne
05-16-2006, 11:38 AM
We're having that tutorial re-rendered as a SWF file so that Flash on a Mac can play it. So the answer is, yes, the problem exists and is due to the beta nature of the Mac software at this point. I hope to correct it very soon.

To import a jpeg, select File->Import Image and follow the procedure. You can click the Help button from within the import dialog and it should take you directly to the relevant portion of the manual. The screenshots in the help manual are from an ugly Windows machine, but it'll just make you feel better about your Mac. :)

Bob K
05-16-2006, 01:30 PM
I have a G4 iMac with a Gig of RAM running Tiger.

pkunk
05-16-2006, 01:39 PM
The screenshots in the help manual are from an ugly Windows machine, but it'll just make you feel better about your Mac. :)
Hehe, Britt-I love the comment! :D Bob, you'll love the software and the machine. I have the same Mac. :D :D