PDA

View Full Version : first time user

RayDoggett
10-17-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm having a problem with font size. The computer dimentions don't match the same on the carvewright machine. I tried 3 different wood pieces and got 3 different font sizes without changing anything.

PCW
10-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Can you post the mpc file?

RayDoggett
10-17-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm not sure what that is.

PCW
10-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Ray

It is the file that you are working with in designer. The one you load on the memory card and put into the CW machine.

RayDoggett
10-17-2009, 01:06 AM
how do I post it?

PCW
10-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Hit reply then click on the paper clip and that will bring up a new screen.

Hit the browse button to find the file you want to upload click upload once uploaded close the window.

Then you have to click on the paperclip one more time and attach the file.

AskBud
10-17-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm having a problem with font size. The computer dimentions don't match the same on the carvewright machine. I tried 3 different wood pieces and got 3 different font sizes without changing anything.

My first guess is that each board is slightly different in size.

Remember that your actual board should be at least 7" longer than your board in Designer, if you are going to "stay under rollers". The width is important as well. Any actual board that is wider/narrower than the designer board will prompt you about resizing and about carve location. You should slow down and think/understand about what the machine is warning/asking you.

Example:
If your Designer board is 5" wide and 18" long and you use an actual board that exact size and answer to "Stay Under Rollers" the unit will ask to resize to fit board and when you answer YES, it will reduce the entire carve.
AskBud