PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a quick cut

scamp62
10-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Ho God….more help please !!
I’ve done this once (on purpose, or by accident ?? ) and looking to get this machine to do it again,
I want to cut an outline of a graphic pattern in a single cut ! like a plasma cutter, not a back and forth motion of the chuck, it is very quick cut, compared to the back and forth motion.
Thanks for any information !!!

fwharris
10-16-2009, 04:51 PM
scamp,

Are taliking about a single pass cut out vs a multi pass cut out???

dbfletcher
10-16-2009, 04:54 PM
I think he might be refering to vector cuts.

fwharris
10-16-2009, 05:00 PM
that very well could be....

scamp62
10-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Hay fwharris
The Slinky’s cut was a single plunge per letter it cut in 41 minuets !!!
And now I try agene to cut more items and it dose a multy pass project.
How did I (we) do the single pass ??????

Kenm810
10-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Quote : -- "I want to cut an outline of a graphic pattern in a single cut ! like a plasma cutter"

It's not a good idea, trying to do a Cut-Out in one pass -- to many broken Cutting Bits, Axis Stalls and Stripped Gears have shown us that.
It's safer to do your cut-outs in two or three passes. Only an extra couple of minutes, but it saves a lot of Headaches in the long run.

fwharris
10-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Hay fwharris
The Slinky’s cut was a single plunge per letter it cut in 41 minuets !!!
And now I try agene to cut more items and it dose a multy pass project.
How did I (we) do the single pass ??????

Scamp,

In the "cut path" tool drop down box at the bottom left is the box for setting the mulit pass. If it is checked, click on it to un check. That will set it to single pass.

If you already have the cut out path set you can also change in the "edit cut out" tool, little box with the saw. just click on the path you want to change to high light it and the edit tool should light up...

Ken,,

Just an FYI.. scamp is doing this on 1/2" PVC stock.. Great point though!!!!

scamp62
10-16-2009, 05:14 PM
And I kept and repeated this information you have given me before

“Select our highlight your text or graphic file then select the "outline" tool.
With the outline highlighted select the "cutout" tool.
In the cut out tool window then you can specify how you want the cut out to be.. # of tabs, spacing of tabs, height of tabs, how many passed you want the machine to take to do the cut out.
Also most of the time it is best to select the "flip cutout" to move the cut out to the outer portion of your object. Play with the tools and watch the disigner board to see the changes..”

and repeated it (I thought !) but get the long cut times, and it goes in to a multiple passes ?

scamp62
10-16-2009, 05:16 PM
sorry I type slow but will try that !!
as always THANKS !!!!!

fwharris
10-16-2009, 05:22 PM
No problem... and no Sorrys!!!

Hope that helps ya out!!