PDA

View Full Version : 3rd machine a refurb?

cruzeswingsandthings
10-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi Guys...hope all is well. I've been a lurker here for several years but never had a reason to post...just soaked up all of ya'lls brilliance! I build / sell Cypress porch swings commercially (about 50-100 / month) and about 1/2 have some sort of carving compliments of Carvewright. Over the last couple of years I think I've changed out or worked on every doohicky on the machine(s). My first machine had about 350 cut hours on it before there were just too many issues happening at once for me to keep up. My second maching (first used as parts) currently has around 400 cut hours on it and again...too many issues happening at once for me to keep my side gig going...

Couple of quick questions.

1. Should I be happy getting 350 / 400 cut hours on my machine b/f it gets retired or should I set my standards a little higher?

2. I'm seriously considering getting the Sears reconditioned unit for $999 for my 3rd...especially since I'm pretty good at repairing these guys and I have two I can use for some parts (that aren't broken)...any comments / experience on the refurbs?

Thanks guys!

Chris

hogiewan
10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
2. I'm seriously considering getting the Sears reconditioned unit for $999 for my 3rd...especially since I'm pretty good at repairing these guys and I have two I can use for some parts (that aren't broken)...any comments / experience on the refurbs?

I would consider you the ideal buyer for one of those refurb units

DocWheeler
10-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Chris,

Sounds as though you have more experience with them than most of the rest of us. I'm glad that you finally posted here, hope to hear more from you, I imagine that you have a lot to offer!

I bought a reconditioned machine from DealMonger, but the ones from sears may be a little cheaper. Mine preforms well, not many hours yet.

As hogiewan said, you should do well with it.

seabass
10-15-2009, 08:08 PM
My Refurb from Sears was Pristine, just needed a little Moly lube on the flex shaft. They have an additional 10% coupon for 999.00 price, good until the 17th I think.

Strike that it's a rebate.