PDA

View Full Version : Looking for another CW

Ike
10-14-2009, 11:10 PM
I wanted to throw this out, if somebody is really wanting to sell their CW I am interested! I am wanting another!

Ike

fwharris
10-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Ike,

I was looking at Sears tonight and they have recond ones for $999 and a 10% mail in rebate to boot...

Ike
10-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Thank you Mr. Harris! I am no sure if I want to go with another Sear's CC? I know same machine and I don't want to start a war! But I have owned 2 CC prior to my CW and of the 2 CC exchanged 3 CC. Maybe it was me learning the machine or the CW is just a great one? I have had no issues with my CW other then the close cover sensor and I am convinced it is effected by using the cover for a stop. rather then just using the stop button. I think static shock occurs when the cover is opened while running and causes shorts in the sensor.

Using the stop button the motor is usually stopped by the time I opened the cover. Funny though I was just telling the wife Sears now has the 5 year warranty and will honor the same price as Amazon.com

Hey you gave me an ideal, I can tell her I can get a refurbished CC for $999.00 with a 6 month warranty. Or a new one and have Sears price match Amazon for $700.00 more and a little more for a 5 year warranty! ;)

Ike

c6craig
10-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Ike -

I see you didn't have to sulk for long! :-D Good luck on your hunt, I hope that 3rd machine finds it's way to you soon and that you get a hell of a deal!!

Craig

Ike
10-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Ike -

I see you didn't have to sulk for long! :-D Good luck on your hunt, I hope that 3rd machine finds it's way to you soon and that you get a hell of a deal!!

Craig

NO I am still jealous!! :-D Lol you made me want another even more and a couple weeks ago there was one offered and I jumped on it and it was taken away as fast as it was offered! :confused:

So the only thing between me another is ......... my wife!

Ike

c6craig
10-14-2009, 11:53 PM
It's a tough decision to make, so I understand completely. Not the 3rd machine part, we all want that :) but where to buy it.

You may have some luck on Ebay, there are a few used ones on there for what LOOKS like a good deal. Here is one for example, 700 bucks but who knows how many hours is on it or how it was maintained..:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAFTSMAN-COMPUCARVE-CARVEWRIGHT-WOODWORKING-MACHINE_W0QQitemZ190341932559QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c5143660f

You can always wait around on the forums for someone to give up, seems like we get one or two a month....

Honestly though, I dont think there is any better choice than waiting and saving up to buy direct from LHR. I say that having bought from Ebay a reconditioned one as well as one direct from LHR. I did look at Sears but the one they had looked like it was the first one ever made and even had the old z-truck, so i steered clear.

Either way, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for, I wish you the best of luck!!

Craig

PS - I won't fuel the fire by telling you that UPS tracking says my new one will be here tomorrow ;)

fwharris
10-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Ike,

No problem, I was looking at sears earlier tonight and thought I would pass it on.

Do not forget the extra 10% off rebate!! just a little bit better maybe,

c6craig
10-14-2009, 11:55 PM
To get this back on topic-------

Someone sell this man a machine!!!! I assure you it will be going to a good home!!

:p

Craig

Ike
10-15-2009, 01:06 AM
It's a tough decision to make, so I understand completely. Not the 3rd machine part, we all want that :) but where to buy it.

You may have some luck on Ebay, there are a few used ones on there for what LOOKS like a good deal. Here is one for example, 700 bucks but who knows how many hours is on it or how it was maintained..:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAFTSMAN-COMPUCARVE-CARVEWRIGHT-WOODWORKING-MACHINE_W0QQitemZ190341932559QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c5143660f

You can always wait around on the forums for someone to give up, seems like we get one or two a month....

Honestly though, I dont think there is any better choice than waiting and saving up to buy direct from LHR. I say that having bought from Ebay a reconditioned one as well as one direct from LHR. I did look at Sears but the one they had looked like it was the first one ever made and even had the old z-truck, so i steered clear.

Either way, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for, I wish you the best of luck!!

Craig

PS - I won't fuel the fire by telling you that UPS tracking says my new one will be here tomorrow ;)

LOL I am glad I was messing with Ken's texture mpc! No offense to LHR, but I can get a new CW about $200.00 cheaper from a couple different sources!

Again thanks fw, but this fair we are attending with the soda wagon is not doing so good!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
10-15-2009, 05:40 PM
More Machines.... Great IDEA.... I am looking for the Basket Case Broken Machines if anyone gets frustrated with one...

There is a guy on Sawmill that sent me a PM looking to sell his machine.... I should mention this thread... It works...

In it's current configuration the machne is a POWER HOUSE of QUALITY.... ROCK ON....

AL

dbfletcher
10-15-2009, 05:53 PM
More Machines.... Great IDEA.... I am looking for the Basket Case Broken Machines if anyone gets frustrated with one...

There is a guy on Sawmill that sent me a PM looking to sell his machine.... I should mention this thread... It works...

In it's current configuration the machne is a POWER HOUSE of QUALITY.... ROCK ON....

AL

Are you after a parts machine Al? Or just the challenge of an excersism on a possessed machine? My next will be a parts machine. At the right price it will be way cheaper (and faster) then getting parts than trying to go through LHR.

While on the subject, now that they have instituted the pay for support calls.... does that mean for a simple parts ording call you have to pay the $25... or is that only if you want to work with a tech to troubleshoot?

Doug Fletcher

wasacop75
10-15-2009, 06:57 PM
I would get ahold of Jason at the Little Red Wood Shop to get
the new machine if it were me.

I got my first one from him would not hesitate to get more from him.

And besides, he has a great price.....:D

Digitalwoodshop
10-15-2009, 09:03 PM
I am looking for broken machines in the less than $500.00 range. For parts and to get running.

I have one machine #2 that I call "Christine" like the possessed Car.... It threw a V60 bit at me one night as I walked out of the shop.... It hit the clear plastic cover hard enough to open it and stop the machine.... Took a month to find the bit, it ended up in the bottom of the machine in a deep pocket...

There is an auction site that sells Sears Returns by the Pallet..... They are getting more CW's..... But you end up with a Pressure Washer and leaf blower or a mix like that....

AL

WesLA
10-15-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm new to this CC/CW stuff and I have a weird question. I've seen posts, including this one, where people mention buying or having 2 or more machines. What is the reason someone would need 2 or 3 machines? Sorry if this sounds stupid.

Wes

dbfletcher
10-15-2009, 10:20 PM
I'll answer for myself. My main reason for getting a second was that my machine #1 seemed to be possessed. It was broken more than it was working. Having a second allows me to swap parts when troubleshooting and #2 has been soooooooooooooooo much bettter than #1.

Additionally since they are prone to breaking down fairly frequently, having two allows me to normally have at least one up and running.

I know other have multiple machines becuase they are making $ with them. I'm not in that group. Just a hobbiest.

Doug Fletcher

cruzeswingsandthings
10-15-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm new to this CC/CW stuff and I have a weird question. I've seen posts, including this one, where people mention buying or having 2 or more machines. What is the reason someone would need 2 or 3 machines? Sorry if this sounds stupid.

Wes

yup...I agree w/ Fletch...to keep a single machine running w limited down time means you need two (at least). The carvewright boys are fairly good getting things fixed but best case you'll be down 2-3 days minimum. If you have a good old spare...you just swap the needed parts out and when you get the new stuff...replace on the old machine. I've actually found it useful to keep handy, some spare parts that are cheap...board sensors...certain gears...etc. That helps some...

WesLA
10-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Okay, I get it. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Wes

Digitalwoodshop
10-16-2009, 10:05 AM

Wes

Yes.... LOL.... $tupid all the way to the BANK $$$$$$$$$$

I have managed to keep my machines pretty happy feeding them wood, it almost like printing MONEY.....

The Fire Department Stuff for the County Fair was a solid week of 2 machines carving 10 hours a day side by side.... I literally drove the last screw into the awards two hours before the Fire Event was to start. A hour drive to the Fair and our Buddy Chris joined me and helped carry the stuff in and helped take pictures.... Without 2 machines I would have been a NO Show.....

Then there is the Signs for a local Development....

I do things that are within the working limits of the CarveWright and make excellent money doing it....

I have never ran 3 machines at the same time but I will be setting up one machine just to cut plastic tag material for my Fire Department Tag Projects including Glow in the Dark Tags.... So 2 for wood, one for Plastic and 1 for emergency spare parts.

Last year $8K of my 10K gross was wood..... This year 50/50 Fire and wood.

AL

Digitalwoodshop
10-16-2009, 10:14 AM
More $tupid......

Al Who picture 1.

Digitalwoodshop
10-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Even more $tupid.....

AL

Digitalwoodshop
10-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Yes.... Even more.... $tupid....

By the way.... No offense taken.... It's like a landscaper Truck with 3 or 4 Weed Wackers or Lawnmowers.... Sure one would do.... But 4 gets the job done faster...

I am a one man shop and having 2 machines cutting is more efficient....

I was here until midnight painting 7 signs in the process for 4 x 4 posts if only painting was faster..... And as I type this I have paint on my fingers as I continue painting today....

AL

Digitalwoodshop
10-16-2009, 10:53 AM
This shop is like printing MONEY.....

Sublimation to make Fire Tags and Fire Stuff....

Vinyl Cutter to make signs...

Laser engraver to make Key Fobs, Plaques and signs... Laser the back of a mirror and paint, laser more paint.... Color art on Mirrors... Just the tip of the iceberg with lasers... And I have 2 of them too....

Rotary engraver to make tags...

Epoxy doming.... to make tags more durable....

Just like printing MONEY.....

AL:mrgreen:

dbfletcher
10-16-2009, 10:58 AM
This shop is like printing MONEY.....

Sublimation to make Fire Tags and Fire Stuff....

Vinyl Cutter to make signs...

Laser engraver to make Key Fobs, Plaques and signs...

Rotary engraver to make tags...

Epoxy doming.... to make tags more durable....

Just like printing MONEY.....

AL:mrgreen:

You do realize you left off the cw on your list there!:rolleyes:

Doug Fletcher

Edit: whoops i guess that is what all your previous posts where showing... my bad.

WesLA
10-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Wow Digitalwoodshop, your stuff is amazing! That's quite a one man shop you have going.

BTW, when I said "stupid" I was referring to my question, not the concept of having more than machine. :)

robbrigg2
10-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Yes.... LOL.... $tupid all the way to the BANK $$$$$$$$$$

I have managed to keep my machines pretty happy feeding them wood, it almost like printing MONEY.....

AL

AL,

Can you help a young buck figure out how to go about marketting this stuff? How do you find your jobs? I wish I could afford more machines, and wood to cut and store until it sells but I can't so I have to go one for one which by word of mouth alone goes to slow to do me much good...

Also, how do you figure pricing for say simple pine, with colorization and complex carve?

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert

Digitalwoodshop
10-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Yes, I was posting a good natured reply and tooting my own horn with that set of posts....

The Painting of V Carve text is easy... Slop the paint in and clean it out of the text and later sand it flush.....

I try to charge what the market will bear..... The Realtor Signs I was doing at a discount in the first pictures with the diamond and tree were very time consuming. So I raised my price by $10.00 and they FIRED me.... Found a guy in the development that bought a router Letter Jig from Rockler. Even called me asking about how I make signs... I told him... There is enough room for more than one sign maker with 5000 homes in this developent... He took over making the signs for the Realtor for half of what I charged. No hard feelings, Business is Business....

He is doing it in his Garage and having a BLAST.... The other sign guy is the Carpanter in the Public Works Department in the development, he does it as a Hobby too. He sends me business when they want something he can't make.

I do it as a business and I pay 30% Taxes on my Gross Business Income with Self Employment Taxes, He does it as a HOBBY and does not claim it. He can make up to $2000.00 a year as a hobby and not claim it... Even when the Realtor will pay with a check and THEY claim it as a deduction on there tax. So 3 years down the line when one of the Realtors gets an IRS Audit and they see Checks to me for signs, and they come and ask for me my Invoices... NO problem... Here they are...

I am lucky, the H&R Block Tax Lady is the Office Expert on Small Business and over the last 4 years has trained me WELL....

I do the signs for the Development Office for the new houses, that is the picture of the 4 x 4 posts and signs for new homes in the development. I am paintng 4 signs for them of the 7 I am doing today. They issue a 1099 every year and when they were looking for a new sign guy when my Neighbor retired from signs last summer they took bids from 3 sign guys. The other 2 walked away when they mentioned the 1099.... I said Sure NO Problem.... All my equipment is on the Books and gets depreciated over 5 years, and I welcome the 1099.... I spent over $2000.00 in repair parts and patterns last year..... ALL a deduction.... So it depends if you use the machine for a Business or Hobby....

It is not Marketed as a Business Machine and using it as a Business tool requires having spare parts on hand.... Even a few extra machines... Hence.... Now looking for Machine #5....

Talking to another Realtor the other day that uses him to make signs, said he goes to Florida for the winter and wanted to know if I could do the signs while he was gone.... SURE.... So that is something to ask the other realtors....

Look for Camping places, Trailer Parks, Tourist Places, Historical Society, Car Clubs, Fire Departments, General Stores, Developments.... There are MANY opportunities....

Make up some clocks with town names and sell them in the local restaurant.... Klockit has Clock inserts.... Buy 50 for about $4.00 each or better yet buy a tray of 100 like I do for $2.00 each and free shipping.....

Christmas Ornaments... There has been some more mpc's posted with some EXCELLENT ART.... You could pay for the machine between now and Christmas....

Good Luck,

AL

c6craig
10-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Ike -

Here is one of the $500 machines here on the forum...maybe it will work for you...

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=13172

Craig

c6craig
10-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Nevermind :) Unless it was you it - was just sold. Man those $500 machines seem to go quick, I think this one took an hour....

Craig

seabass
10-19-2009, 11:06 AM
I was thinking of getting a 500.00 machine plus shipping, but I think I will wait for sears to drop the price again to 800.00 free shipping. To me the 300.00 to get a machine with a 6 month warranty and ZERO hours is well worth it. I just do not see saving 300 for a machine that is not working properly, probably needs a 40.00 bit and with 342 hours. Even for parts the 800.00 seems better FOR ME.

I have no idea why I have read bad things about the service at CarveWright. I called, waited 5 minutes, they took my last name I ordered the part no cost to me on a SEARS refurb machine. Perfect English spoken.

I really think some of the posts I have read on poor English and CarveWright service being horrible are suspect. OR CarveWright has really cleaned up its act.

I have had ZERO problems as recently as this morning ordering a part.

Eagle Hollow
10-19-2009, 03:38 PM
I was thinking of getting a 500.00 machine plus shipping, but I think I will wait for sears to drop the price again to 800.00 free shipping. To me the 300.00 to get a machine with a 6 month warranty and ZERO hours is well worth it. I just do not see saving 300 for a machine that is not working properly, probably needs a 40.00 bit and with 342 hours. Even for parts the 800.00 seems better FOR ME.

I have no idea why I have read bad things about the service at CarveWright. I called, waited 5 minutes, they took my last name I ordered the part no cost to me on a SEARS refurb machine. Perfect English spoken.

I really think some of the posts I have read on poor English and CarveWright service being horrible are suspect. OR CarveWright has really cleaned up its act.

I have had ZERO problems as recently as this morning ordering a part.

Judging from some of the posts here, the problem might be understanding proper english!!!

Ike
10-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey what happened to my post!!!!! Help I have been highjacked!!! Just kidding I see all post go one way than another and back again!

PS I am looking for another CW first and if a really good price a CC!

Ike

Ike
10-20-2009, 12:05 AM
I am looking for broken machines in the less than $500.00 range. For parts and to get running.

I have one machine #2 that I call "Christine" like the possessed Car.... It threw a V60 bit at me one night as I walked out of the shop.... It hit the clear plastic cover hard enough to open it and stop the machine.... Took a month to find the bit, it ended up in the bottom of the machine in a deep pocket...

There is an auction site that sells Sears Returns by the Pallet..... They are getting more CW's..... But you end up with a Pressure Washer and leaf blower or a mix like that....

AL

Al, it wasn't the machine I sold you?

Ike

Ike
10-20-2009, 12:10 AM

Wes

Wes, I own a sign shop and it is just another needed tool in my collection! I own several routers, 2 planers, 2 table saws, 2 radial arm saws, 2 jointers should I go on!? ;)

Ike

earlyrider
10-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Ike---And TWO grandbabies!!
Seems you like things that come in pairs! (no gutter thoughts!)
Ron

Digitalwoodshop
10-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Al, it wasn't the machine I sold you?

Ike

No Ike, your machine (#3) is behaving nicely... #2 needs a Time out....

AL:D

Ike
10-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Ike---And TWO grandbabies!!
Seems you like things that come in pairs! (no gutter thoughts!)
Ron

Lol I do like pairs! 2 grand babies from 2 different sons! I have 3 boys and my oldest who gave me my baby girl his wife is expecting my third grand baby! The more the merrier!

Al I am glad I didn't sell you a lemon! I need to start sweet talking my wife for the second well really third machine! It is our 25th anniversary today 10-20 maybe she will let me?!

Ike

LollyWood
10-20-2009, 06:41 PM
It is our 25th anniversary today 10-20 maybe she will let me?!

CONGRAT MRS. IKE!!!

You too Buddy. That's your best project yet Sir. :)

jpaluck
10-20-2009, 06:44 PM
congrads Ike

dbfletcher
It is our 25th anniversary today 10-20 maybe she will let me?!

CONGRAT MRS. IKE!!!

You too Buddy. That's your best project yet Sir. :)

I agree!!!! I just wish I could figure out how he did it! :mrgreen:

Doug Fletcher

Ike
Thanks Bernie, I going to keep her took me 25 years to train her! Uh I mean train me!

Ike

Ike
10-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Thank you too John and Doug! And Doug I know it sounds like the same ol' story....but I found my love of my life and best friend! I really don't know what I would do without her in my life! We dated in high school and married almost 4 years later in 1984!

Ike

wasacop75
10-20-2009, 07:14 PM
happy anniversary to you....

happy anniversary to you

what i want to know is how she put up with you for all those years??

Had our 25th (30th all together, year off for bad behavior):mrgreen: in Sept

fwharris
10-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Ike,

Congratulations on 25 + yrs!!!

Ike
10-23-2009, 10:53 PM
What the heck the latest few post has been removed and not by me? Why???????

Ceases to amaze me! I am putting my request for another machine on hold. I had to buy some new wagon wheels so that puts a damper on the funds

Ike

Ike
10-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Ok I am still looking for another machine! I prefer a CW over a CC, but will consider any good deal without needing major repair!

Ike

Ike
10-28-2009, 02:03 PM
I still want another CW and prefer a Carvewright over a Compucarve, but I need to let you know my budget my wife will go for! She knows I can get a CC from Sears for $999.00 so far for an everyday price. She knows it comes with a 6 month warranty and a 90 day return/ exchange policy. That said I have passed on a couple of CC one with a little over 3 hours for $1000.00. Then another CC for $800.00 with a little over both 5 hours. Both were used mainly for scanning.

This is where I am concerned the warranty is expired on both and although the cut hours are very low. I am worried they have not been used enough to find out if they have any kinks that need to be worked out? Then again they may not have any..... I am so confused!

I appreciate any thoughts on this matter. Again I prefer CW over the CC just from experience in the past. But now I know more so it may be just fine?

I guess I am looking for a deal from $500.00 to $750.00 and shipping to be determined. I do have some tools for trade if interested again the shipping plays a part.

Ike

seabass
10-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Actually, about once a month you can get the REFURBISHED CompuCarve for 899.99 and free shipping, plus another 10% off for a midnight sale. Keep an eye out and you can get it down to about 810.99 and Free shipping and I bet they do it again before Christmas.

I am so glad I got mine it was in pristine shape and appeared and worked like new, still does.

Many sell their machines that need a flex cable or something else is broken and they ask 500.00 which really means 600.00. Plus the hours on the machine, wear and tear etc. Like you said Sears has the 180 day the warranty and take back for any reason for the first 30 days. Knowing that I would not spend anymore than 500.00 for a used machine and it would need to be working when I purchased it with very low hours on it. It is just not worth the chance for a little more than a 300.00 savings , one or two things go wrong and you are out the money anyway and the odds are something will go wrong.

Ike
10-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Actually, about once a month you can get the CompuCarve for 899.99 and free shipping, plus another 10% off for a midnight sale. Keep an eye out and you can get it down to about 810.99 and Free shipping and I bet they do it again before Christmas.

I am so glad I got mine it was in pristine shape and appeared and worked like new, still does.

Many sell their machines that need a flex cable or something else is broken and they ask 500.00 which really means 600.00. Plus the hours on the machine, wear and tear etc. Like you said Sears has the 180 day the warranty and take back for any reason for the first 30 days. Knowing that I would not spend anymore than 500.00 for a used machine and it would need to be working when I purchased it with very low hours on it. It is just not worth the chance for a little more than a 300.00 savings , one or two things go wrong and you are out the money anyway. Odds are something will go wrong too.

These machines do have low hours and I have a parts machine so chances are I might have the part. Lol I feel like I am in between a rock and a hard place! I know if it was me I wouldn't want to give away a machine after paying up to $1900.00 for a CC!

That is what I am trying to tell my wife even though it may be a few hundred dollars cheaper or in this case both machines I passed on were used for scanning and have a couple hundred hours of scan time and only 3 hrs and 5 hrs cut time I just don't know!

I love the machine, but we all know what can go wrong! Oh whoa is me!! Lol
I will keep working on the wife and get a new CW for $1689.00 free shipping. Then on the other hand I can see if Sears will price match lets say Amazon even though the names are different the unit is the same. Then I can buy the extended warranty!

Ron Justice sent out my new cutting bit today and when it arrives I am going to make a few new coin bank and trout clock projects I just bought from Michael T for an upcoming craft fair. I hope they sell well for X-mas along with a sign display and I thought about some wildlife scene projects.

Any suggestion are appreciated, I am used to making signs during the event so I need to have projects to sell that day. So please share any projects that have worked for you in craft fairs!

Ike

seabass
10-28-2009, 03:31 PM
I'll never purchase a new machine I have been running this machine like crazy and two hundred hours will be on it before you know it. I am very happy with the refurb and like I said I can not tell that it is not brand new. Since I already know I will never send in a unit for repair and because I will run high hours quick I just see no benefit for me personally to ever get one new. Unless of course you just want that new car smell, which my refurb seemed to have!

Maybe they are getting better at refurbs or maybe there is so much great info here it kept me from making errors when starting up, but the machine is running so well I feel bad about all the horror stories I have heard from others. I'll chalk it up to both plus a little bit of luck I guess. But a new one can not run any better than the one I have, it runs perfectly(knock on wood).

Ike
10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
The search is over!!! I found a great deal from a Sears outlet store, it is almost $300.00 less then the $999.00 price. The info on the CC was a man bought it used it once didn't like it and returned it!. Sounds like he didn't take the time to learn how to use it! I am waiting for the shipping charge price and the extended warranty cost.

I am so excited!! Seabass I have nothing against refurb. machines I use want a safety net and with this CC I have the Sears guarantee!

Ike

Kenm810
10-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Ike,

Looks like, maybe, just in time for the Holiday rush,
(Stuck in his Thumb and pulled out a Plum) as he
exclaimed Oh what good Boy am I!!
Hope this one works out for you.

dbfletcher
10-28-2009, 05:40 PM
The search is over!!! I found a great deal from a Sears outlet store, it is almost $300.00 less then the $999.00 price. The info on the CC was a man bought it used it once didn't like it and returned it!. Sounds like he didn't take the time to learn how to use it! I am waiting for the shipping charge price and the extended warranty cost.

I am so excited!! Seabass I have nothing against refurb. machines I use want a safety net and with this CC I have the Sears guarantee!

Ike

Good luck Ike! I hope you get a good one and not one of the many many lemons that seem to float around.

Doug Fletcher

Ike
10-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Good luck Ike! I hope you get a good one and not one of the many many lemons that seem to float around.

Doug Fletcher

Thanks Doug I hope so too! That is why I went through Sears I would of loved to have bought the 2 I passed on with the low hours. That was the reason I did pass not know and no guarantees. I feel bad I don't want to sound like the sellers can't be trusted, because it isn't what I am saying.

With Sears I have some assurance and at $750.00 with a history of used once it looks good to me! Plus being experience with the machine I have a better chance!

Ken also I am so amazed on how excited I am getting another machine!! I can't wait to run Michael Tyler's projects I recently purchased!

Ike

Ike
10-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Done deal!!! I was hoping it was marked as an opened box to be able to buy the extended warranty...... Bummer nope so the standard 6 months warranty! The good news shipping will be only $35.00! So not bad for $750.00 for the CC and $35.00 for shipping and of course tax! For a total of $847.75! I am a happy camper!

I can't wait, tomorrow I need to advertise my extra tools to pay for the new CC!

Ike

Ike
10-28-2009, 08:18 PM
I want to thank everbody for all your help! Al you too behind the scenes! I think I got the best deal and hope I won't be eating my words!

Ike

c6craig
10-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Congrats Ike, I know how much you wanted that machine and I'm glad to see you get it! The kick butt deal you got certainly helps too!

Craig