PDA

View Full Version : down arrow on key pad not working

supershingler
10-14-2009, 08:02 PM
i just bought used machine no 3. it arrived today and looks like it took the shipping well. i opened it up and started looking it over. when i went to do a sensor check i noticed the down arrow on the keypad does not work.

can anyone foresee a big problem with this or can you tell me what the fix would be and possible the cost.

i have to do some work to the ztruck but everything else look alright except for a new set of sandpaper belts that i have on hand.

all input greatly appreciated

kendall

PCW
10-14-2009, 08:34 PM
My guess would be a ribbon cable from the controller to the keypad unless there is dust behind the keypad. Cable would be easy to swap out and test if you have a spare machine.

Digitalwoodshop
10-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Yes, with 3 machines you can swap out the keypad and find out...

Good For YOU.

AL

liquidguitars
10-14-2009, 09:20 PM
My guess would be a ribbon cable from the controller to the keypad unless there is dust behind the keypad. Cable would be easy to swap out and test if you have a spare machine.

I would think that would do the trick.. take the side panels off and swap key pads first before removing the cable as it a little tight to feed the cable though the assembly.

cruzeswingsandthings
10-16-2009, 05:45 PM
I have same problem w/ machine number two. Down arrow doesn't work. Been like this actually since it was a couple weeks old. Never agravated me enough to swap out parts...surprisingly, you can do without it. The really only issue I found is when I have 50 projects on my card and I accidently scroll past...I've found that there are little nuances that I can live with in the grand scheme of things :D Its the big ones that agravate me!