PDA

View Full Version : still getting please close cover

davidbf
10-14-2009, 04:34 PM
I have read everyones suggestions and tried everything i haven't before.
I checked the wire plug in & it is right with no damage, the switches for the cover are not loose I also checked the ribon it is in all way and tight. I have formated my memory card. I also pushed both switch buttons in with small screwdrivers at the same time. On the key pad side under the cover there is a male plug it looks like the wires come from the cover switch does anyone know what this is for? Can I bypass this switch by putting all the wires together on this side and not the other or do i need to do both if I do any ?
I am THANKFUL for all the help
davidbf

PCW
10-14-2009, 04:59 PM
David

Unplug the machine first for safety.

The wires for the keyboard side are right under the switch. There is a cover that has to be removed. You can bypass the switch by jumping the wires on this side.

The switch on the opposite side of the keypad is for the cut motor and is not advisable to bypass.

If you have a ohm meter you can test the switches out by hooking it up to the two leads at the switch and pushing the button.

For testing the switch opposite the keypad (cut motor switch) with a ohm meter.

On the switch opposite the keypad (cut motor switch) there is a connector behind the cut motor that loops to the switch that can be unplugged and hooked up to the side that is closes to the switch. This cut motor circuit is 110 volt so use caution. If you disconnect the terminals don't worry about marking them because they can go either way.

Sometime all it take to fit this error is a blast of air to the switch.

TerryT
10-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Just my opinion, but you shouldn't bypass the switch. A replacement switch is inexpensive and easy to install. Even better is to take the old switch out. Snap it apart and run a small piece of 400 sandpaper between the contacts. Snap it back together and reinstall. If the switch is the problem this should fix it.