PDA

View Full Version : Place on Corner with two sided carve

dbfletcher
10-13-2009, 03:58 PM
I've read several other member use place on coner most often with thier projects. I have normally just used "center on board". Now I just started a two sided project and I dont have the physical size of the board in designer. Have I just ruined my material, or when i flip the boad will it know that I originally chose place on corner and it will off set the front side to still match the back. The board in the machine is larger than the project board size. I hope I explained that in a mannor someone else can follow.

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher

Note to self - never try a new technique on a peice of good wood!

liquidguitars
10-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Doug,

Whats your part size? I have a way to make it center every time but i would be faster to show you a MPC oh, you will need a sled..

LG

dbfletcher
10-13-2009, 05:00 PM
LG,

It is actually the POM maple leaf dish... I wa gonna make a sled to do these on with some centerline on the back side. In my haste, I just threw a 12x24" board in and told it to place on end and stay under roller. The only other thing I did was reduced the width to 11.75 as anytime i try to put a board in the same size as the project, I normally get a scale to width or insert new board prompt. So i've jsut go in the habit of always just trimming .25 in off the designer board which then normally give me the center on width prompt.

Doug

chebytrk
10-13-2009, 05:21 PM
LG,

It is actually the POM maple leaf dish... I wa gonna make a sled to do these on with some centerline on the back side. In my haste, I just threw a 12x24" board in and told it to place on end and stay under roller. The only other thing I did was reduced the width to 11.75 as anytime i try to put a board in the same size as the project, I normally get a scale to width or insert new board prompt. So i've jsut go in the habit of always just trimming .25 in off the designer board which then normally give me the center on width prompt.

Doug

getting ready to carve them too. Do they really take 5 hrs to carve on "Best"? whew! :)

Chief38
10-13-2009, 08:43 PM
has worked for me on several 2 sided carves. System seems to know where it started to carve on each side.

Herb

dbfletcher
10-13-2009, 08:45 PM
whooo hoo!!! Just finished and I just flipped as normal. I guess it does take into consideration any offset from project board and "place on corner" settings.

Now comes the sanding.

Doug Fletcher

Digitalwoodshop
10-13-2009, 08:56 PM
I think problem come in when you set an attachment to the side of the board and the corner thing comes up and it has yellow attachments as part of the design.

Could be wrong but I did have a mis match flip one time on a corner and it had a attachment to the distance to the side.

AL

dbfletcher
10-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Al,

That does make sense. If I get some time, I'll test a simple project on some scrap and see if what you mention does in fact hold true. That would be a good thing to note going forward to make sure if I use place on end... and the designer board does not match actual board to make sure there are not constrained attachments.

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher