PDA

View Full Version : Cut outs in outhouse doors

easybuilt
10-12-2009, 09:01 PM
I have a customer who wants me to do cut outs in two outhouse doors. Like you would do a half moon. She wants a skunk, an opossum, a bear, & a raccoon for the 1st one. For the 2nd one she wants a moose, a squirrel, a eagle, & a cayote. Has anyone ever tried this and do you have any suggestions. I know I can find most animals on the forum files but they are not ones I can cut out to only show a outline. Any suggestions and thanks for the advise.

dbfletcher
10-12-2009, 09:04 PM
You can always just click on "Outline Pattern", then delete the original pattern to only be left with the outline. You may also want to do a google image search for line art of the given animal shapes. I think the line art may give better results with some tweeking.

Doug Fletcher

easybuilt
10-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the help! That's a great idea, I'll give it a try.

bjbethke
10-12-2009, 11:23 PM
I have a customer who wants me to do cut outs in two outhouse doors. Like you would do a half moon. She wants a skunk, an opossum, a bear, & a raccoon for the 1st one. For the 2nd one she wants a moose, a squirrel, a eagle, & a cayote. Has anyone ever tried this and do you have any suggestions. I know I can find most animals on the forum files but they are not ones I can cut out to only show a outline. Any suggestions and thanks for the advise.
If you have the pattern editor you can change any image into a one color image. Use the Quantize function. Remove the background and then set the Quantize to Number one.

You can also use this function to remove noise in your image.