PDA

View Full Version : Error 309

WRW
10-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Hi All
I have been searching the forum for - Z Axis Stall Error 309. I find all sorts of error cord numbers but not this one. Does any one know of a difinitive list of error codes? Error comes while scanning, it will scan fine for servral hours then stop with error. Not in same place all the time. estimated scan time is 10 hours and it has made it as far as 3+ hours. Short scan worked and have tryed different long scans with failure at different points. I have cleaned and lubed Z truck.
Thanks for your time.

robbrigg2
10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I have been getting this error as well when doing a cutout (on set up). I only started getting it after upgrading to 1.153

WRW
10-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Hey Rob
Are you able to continue from that point or do you have to restart the project as I have had to do with the scans. Very time consuming.

robbrigg2
10-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Hey Rob
Are you able to continue from that point or do you have to restart the project as I have had to do with the scans. Very time consuming.

I've had to fool the machine but it ALWAYS fails part way through the project. I too tried to find a reference to this error and had nothing come up. Did you upgrade? If so did you have this problem before that time?

WRW
10-11-2009, 11:31 PM
I upgraded when it first came out, but I didn't get my scanner until after that so I can not compare.

RMarkey
10-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Knowing the error codes won't help much as you won't know the context they occur.
A 309 in 1.153 is a standard Z stall. In your case after a few hours of scanning, the connector joining the two probe wires probably shakes loose. You may try taping the connector together.

chebytrk
10-31-2009, 10:12 AM
I guess it's my turn with error 309 now. I can't even start my project. It measures my board, has me install my carving bit and after that is when I get the error 309. Any suggestions please?:confused:

chebytrk
10-31-2009, 10:22 AM
I do notice that after I put in the cutting bit and it comes to the end by the brass roller and it goes up and down about 3 times and then stops and gives me the z axis stall error 309. Only thing I've done lately from the last time I used it is I've installed a new 1/2 " Rock Chuck with the 1/4 sleeve. Other than that my machine is real clean and ready to go.

dbfletcher
10-31-2009, 01:25 PM
I do notice that after I put in the cutting bit and it comes to the end by the brass roller and it goes up and down about 3 times and then stops and gives me the z axis stall error 309. Only thing I've done lately from the last time I used it is I've installed a new 1/2 " Rock Chuck with the 1/4 sleeve. Other than that my machine is real clean and ready to go.

I had that problem too.... the fix was just to get rid of my collar on the bit and insert the bit into the sleeve about 1/8 from the topmost cutting flute. No more z-stalls. And the symptoms you describe are exactly what was happening to me.

I think you will also get a z-stall there if you had a bit "drill" tru the plastic stop by the brass roller. If so, some 5 min expy will fix that.

Doug Fletcher

Griz64
11-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Anyone find an answer to this yet?? I got this same error today as well. I was setting up a project when I got mine. Basically mine acted just like chebytrk's machine with the exception of the RC, which I have had since the start. I restarted the project several times and kept getting the same error at the same place. I turned the machine off so I could move the Z truck freely and blew it out again. I turned the machine back on and got it again. This time I turned it off for a little longer (guessing 3-5 minutes) and this time it worked...shrug. This is the 2nd time it has happened to me in about a month. Does anyone have any ideas? If someone does find a solution please post it here so we can all see it. If it happens again I am gonna call LHR.