PDA

View Full Version : I'm in trouble need some help

psm72
10-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I was 7 hours into a 9 hour carve and decided that I needed to clean some of the built up sawdust out of the machine, it also helps to check the carving. I was using my shop vac and got a static spark, did'nt see it but I did feel it. Now my machine shows blocks where the lettering should be. I know if I reboot the machine I can clear the problem but how the heck am I going to continue my carving from where I left off. This is the third time I've started this carving and I'm running out of material.

AskBud
10-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Tell us about your design. Is it one large Raster carve, or is it a series of different patterns, text, and other vectors? Are there bit changes in the design?
It may help to post the MPC and tell us where the carving was being done at the time of the failure.
AskBud

Ike
10-10-2009, 09:44 PM
I would try reformatting the flash card and reloading the project. To save time try using the 3/4 carved project and see if it will pick up where it left off.

The manual tells you to always use your hand to ground yourself to the machine while vacuuming. Myself I never vacuum the machine while it is on because of staic shock.

During a long carve I suggest using an air compressor and not a vacuum.

If reformatting doesn't work you may have shorted out the CW cpu and or the power supply?

Ike

Ike
10-10-2009, 09:48 PM
If the machine is ok with after rebooting without reformatting. Put the same board that is 3/4 carved and let it air carve until it reaches the point where you vacuumed. I have restarted projects and they have came out fine.

Ike

psm72
10-10-2009, 09:56 PM
the carve is a series of patterns with lettering. I have'nt moved or changed anything with the machine, it's still on and just sitting there.

PCW
10-10-2009, 10:04 PM
To save some time you could also put a 0 mash on the part that is finished back in Designer.

Make a rectangular in Designer over the area that is carved and make it a carved area and set it to depth to 0. This way it should pickup where it left off.

AskBud
10-10-2009, 10:07 PM
the carve is a series of patterns with lettering. I have'nt moved or changed anything with the machine, it's still on and just sitting there.

It sounds as if you may be able to delete the patterns that are finished carving, and re-load your card. It would/should then be able to pick up on the particular carve section it was doing when it shut down.You will need to place a strip of tape where the Sensor first moves across the board, and possible the length of the board as well.
It would still be nice to see the design MPC.
AskBud

Ike
10-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Dan I have just started a project from the same card and the CW will has not made the previous carved section any deeper and just air carved until it hit solid board and finished the carve.

Ike

Ike
10-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Good catch Bud I forgot about the sensor not being able to complete the measurements with the carved sections.

Ike

fwharris
10-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Dan is right on this one since you are 7hrs into a 9 hr carve.

leave your rectangle just a hair short of where it stopped on the carve. Your best be is to also leave your carving bit in the chuck for when you go back through the homing sequence. This should keep the board measurement the same as when you started the carve.

Good luck!!!

and what Bud said for the tape!!!!

PCW
10-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Ike,

You on the road? Did you get a Sprint card for the Internet?

I guess there is more than one way to handle this. I know he was 7 hour into the carve.

psm72
10-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Hea guys I just tried Dan's idea. Everything is back up and carving. You guys are lifesavers! Thanks a ton.

Ike
10-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Hmm I guess I don't get what you guys are saying? I guess it means he would need to go back and redesign the project with a rectangle? I know with my log frame sign which is a 4 1/2 hour carve not a nine I have an issue where I reloaded the half carved board and restarted from the beginning. It came out even and air carved over what it already carved and finished where it stopped.

Besides what can you lose trying this especially if you are running out of material!!

Ike

PS sorry for being dumb!

Ike
10-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Ike,

You on the road? Did you get a Sprint card for the Internet?

I guess there is more than one way to handle this. I know he was 7 hour into the carve.

Lol Dan on the road in lousy Southern Ca! No the hotel we are at has internet! Dang I feel dumb I don't get what you are talking about!

Ike

fwharris
10-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Hmm I guess I don't get what you guys are saying? I guess it means he would need to go back and redesign the project with a rectangle? I know with my log frame sign which is a 4 1/2 hour carve not a nine I have an issue where I reloaded the half carved board and restarted from the beginning. It came out even and air carved over what it already carved and finished where it stopped.

Besides what can you lose trying this especially if you are running out of material!!

Ike

PS sorry for being dumb!

Ike,

Not being dumb!! Yes you can just re start from the begining and let it air carve like you said. I have done it that was too.

I think what we were trying to do was save him 7 hours.

PCW
10-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Here is a example. Look at the mask that I put on the pattern.

Ike
10-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Lol that is where I lost I am not sure how you do that! I would love to know how to save the time!

Ike

Ike
10-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Dan thank you lol I learned something today!

Ike

PCW
10-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Ike

That is real easy. Just draw a rectangle over the part that has been carved.

Highlight it go to tools carve region. Highlight the rectangle and set the depth to 0.

Ike
10-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Ike

That is real easy. Just draw a rectangle over the part that has been carved.

Highlight it go to tools carve region. Highlight the rectangle and set the depth to 0.
Yup I played with it and figured it out! I am a fart smeller... I mean smart feller!

Thanks again and yes follow Dan and not me!!!!

Ike