PDA

View Full Version : graphic file and a out line cut ???

scamp62
10-08-2009, 01:28 PM
This sounds simple, but I missing something, hopefully you with more experience can shed some light on this question.
I just want to cut out lettering of my own design, they would be a Jpeg or other graphic file, but I just want a out line cut, not the removal of all the other material around the lettering.

fwharris
10-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Scamp,

Select our highlight your text or graphic file then select the "outline" tool.
With the outline highlighted select the "cutout" tool.
In the cut out tool window then you can specify how you want the cut out to be.. # of tabs, spacing of tabs, height of tabs, how many passed you want the machine to take to do the cut out.

Also most of the time it is best to select the "flip cutout" to move the cut out to the outer portion of your object. Play with the tools and watch the disigner board to see the changes..

scamp62
10-08-2009, 09:04 PM
O.K. I do the ‘outline” tool all is good, but then I highlight (white lines on the cut, and small colored balls) the cut and none of the “cutout” tools are available (grayed out)
What am I missing?
Thank you for any and all help

fwharris
10-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Just an FYI.. We solved this in the cncartguild chat room. Scamp was doing an outline of a text pattern. Ended up having to select each out line by itself to set the cut path.