PDA

View Full Version : Tool stop for Rock chuck

rlane10347
10-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I installed my rock chuck this spring and used 5 min. epoxy to make the stops for my old CW tools. I put the epoxy ring down next to the taper so the ground flats were above where the rock chuck clamps on them. Then I did not have to worry about where the flats were when I put the tool into the machine. I made a slow turning spindel to make my own epoxy fly's for fishing. It turns from 5 to 10 RPM. All I had to do was clean the surface of the tool, insert into my turner, put on a drop of 5 min. epoxy with a toothpick, and in 5 min. I had a very good and cheap stop.
I now have 178 hours on the cut motor without any problems with the tools. (except now the cutting bit is getting a little dull)

rjustice
10-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I installed my rock chuck this spring and used 5 min. epoxy to make the stops for my old CW tools. I put the epoxy ring down next to the taper so the ground flats were above where the rock chuck clamps on them. Then I did not have to worry about where the flats were when I put the tool into the machine. I made a slow turning spindel to make my own epoxy fly's for fishing. It turns from 5 to 10 RPM. All I had to do was clean the surface of the tool, insert into my turner, put on a drop of 5 min. epoxy with a toothpick, and in 5 min. I had a very good and cheap stop.
I now have 178 hours on the cut motor without any problems with the tools. (except now the cutting bit is getting a little dull)

Hi rlane,
Nice idea!... Looks like it worked very well for you. very light, and very evenly placed, so no problems with balance... I like it!

Happy Carving,

Ron