PDA

View Full Version : pattern carving

ditchdoc
05-09-2006, 11:37 AM
I put this same post in another area. Maybe this one's better. I'm trying to carve a simple pattern on a board. I only want the pattern carved. I don't want the recessed and feathered region. I'm not the brightest bulb in the box and I can't figure out how to do it in the software. Help. Please.

David M.
05-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi Ditchdoc,

I imported your file to my program throught the "IMPORT IMAGE" on the FILE pull down on the top of the screen (left), name your imported file and let the software place it. It will appear on your "FAVORITES" list with the CW clipart. Select the file you imported into favorites, and place the image onto your board just like CW clipart.

Then, with the image on the board, right click your mouse and a menu will pop up, click on "INVERT IMAGE" and you should have what your looking for. Adjust bitsize as needed. Let me know if you have any trouble, it worked right off here.

David M.

David M.
05-09-2006, 05:05 PM
I have to amend my previous reply, I wrote click on "INVERT IMAGE" and the actual wording is "INVERT PATTERN", slightly differant, good luck.

David M.

David M.
05-09-2006, 05:05 PM
I have to amend my previous reply, I wrote click on "INVERT IMAGE" and the actual wording is "INVERT PATTERN", slightly differant, good luck.

David M.

ditchdoc
05-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks to those who made suggestions and helped me out. It takes a while--but I do learn. ditchdoc :roll: