PDA

View Full Version : Check Cut Motor using Centerline?

dvel56
10-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I have the lastest and greatest Version installed 1.153

I thought they fixed the check cut motor error that pops up in the previous version?

When ever I run a project that has centerline text in it I get that "Check Cut Motor" error I have run three differant projects with only Centerline text on it and all have the same error at differant points in the carve.

I do not get this error when I run a project that calls for the cutting bit and the carving bit
Any other carves have this issue?

Thanks
Dvel

skeeterman
10-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I get the same error when doing centerline only, if you hit enter it will complete project
steve

jimsorrow
10-09-2009, 02:30 AM
I've got the same issue. It has completed the projects after I press enter.

Digitalwoodshop
10-09-2009, 12:26 PM
I call it a Nuisance Error.... I live with it... It happens on certain projects and not on others.. I find that the machine starts up in a higher speed just before faulting out with a Check Cut Motor error. When you start it back up it runs slower or more normal speed.

There has been some talk about the Cut Motor Sensor Board, and I have not had the chance to swap a board and re try a project that gets the error. That may very well be part of it... But since the speed is computer controlled, I have always believed it was a Software thing.

That is if it happens within 30 seconds of starting up the cut motor... If you get the error further into the cut then I would be looking at the Cut Motor Brushes at anything over 250 Cut Motor Hours... Worn brushes have a center of the spring copper wire tether that prevents the brush from reaching the commutator like a dog leash.... This results is a loss of speed or a stall, not to mention the arcing as it tries to reach the spinning copper.... This causes heat and damage to the motor...

Order brushes with your next order from LHR....

AL

Another FREE Public Service Announcement from DigitalWoodshop.

Rick P
12-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Al - are the cut motor brushes difficult to replace?

Chief
12-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Al,

Is it possible that the problems exhibited when using the centerline function are caused by the use of a larger bit?

Chief