PDA

View Full Version : First complaint

locovalley
10-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I feel I need to inform my fellow users about this.

On March 16, 2009 I ordered a new power supply to replace a failed board. I paid $95.00 plus shipping fer the new board as well as the $40.00 core charge. Today, over 6 months later I get an email from LHR informing me that the core charge has been denied! The board was in no way abused or damaged in any way other than being dead. The board was sent by UPS and the tracking number showed the package arived at LHR 2 days after I sent it.

I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone at LHR yet, but I am NOT a happy camper!

Joe

PCW
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Joe,

Surely after that much time has elapsed they made a error. Six months is along time to determine if the core is reusable. Hope you get it straighten out fast.

TerryT
10-06-2009, 06:43 PM
So you have been waiting for the core charge refund for six months? Did you try to contact LHR during that time?

locovalley
10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
To tell the truth, I never worried about the core charges because they never failed to refund it before this. I guess I need to call them in the morning to see what the foul-up is before I start freeking out. I hope it's just a hiccup in the system.

Thanks for the empathy, guys.
Joe

ruggybear
10-06-2009, 09:56 PM
I received the same type of email today as well and it is about six months. However, I never sent the original core back to them so it just took them this long to push the core charge through. In my case it was for a 'Y' motor and that was not the problem so I just kept both. That way I have a spare.

TIMCOSBY
10-07-2009, 12:10 AM
core in when it came to them and the core return paperwork timed out.

Wilbur
10-07-2009, 06:00 AM
I got the same message yesterday on a Z truck back 5 months ago. I have not seen yet where it has been charged back to my MC.
I called and talked with them. I guess they just got behind

Wilbur

Jeff_Birt
10-07-2009, 07:46 AM
Funny how people find the need to jump on here and complain before simply picking up the telephone and asking them what the situation is. It seems to me to that it would be common courtesy give the person you want to gripe about a chance to learn of the situation and resolve it before complaining to God and everybody about it.

Sounds to me as if something was set wrong in some program that tracks returns and it just spit out a bunch of old tickets. Please give them a call and ask what is going on.

locovalley
10-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Funny how the moderators flame a member who asks a simple question on the boards. At least I got an answer from several members who HAD experienced the same problem. Question answered.

IF I had been home and had access to my email and could have called LHR I maybe could have gotten an answer from THEM. Since I got the email after working hours and wanted to know what the deal was, I posted here. Got an answer from a couple of members which is what I was looking for.

Joe

atauer
10-07-2009, 09:22 AM
You may have gotten answers from several members, but that doesn't mean that the answers were the correct ones, which was what Jeff was trying to explain. I may be able to clear up the issue currently at hand.

The email you received yesterday about the core charge being denied was correct. A hold was placed on your account, but the money was never withdrawn. I am not in our accounting department or our shipping department, so I don't know what the hold-up was on cancelling the core charge, but I do know that your account has not been charged for the core, since the part was returned.

Jeff_Birt
10-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Joe I was not flaming you at all (or trying to pick a fight), just saying that it seems common courtesy would be to get a hold of the manufacturer (of anything) before jumping on line to complain about it. I'm sure given half a chance that CW would be glad to look into it for you.

SteveEJ
10-07-2009, 03:20 PM
I have only one simple question. What does God have to do with it!

Reverence is a wonderful thing.

locovalley
10-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Alex, thanks for the helpful reply.

I was finally able to get in touch with LHR and the young lady I spoke with said that they had numerous calls from owners who got a similar email to the one sent to me. It turns out the problem was created by the person who worded the emails in such a way to make one think that the core charges weren't credited, allowed or otherwise were denied. Stuff happens.

I was assured that future emails will be worded differently so as to be less confusing.

Jeff, there are those of us who unfortunately work during the hours that LHR support is available. We can't just tie up our employer's phone lines or ignore customers while waiting in the holding que for a support person to get on the line and answer our questions. That's why I asked other forum members if they had a similar experience, which a few in fact did. So, after taking the afternoon off so I could exercise "common courtesy" and call support, I found that many owners received the same confusing email and were as concerned as I. The whole controversy could have been avoided with a little editing. LHR admitted they made a mistake. Good on them.

I don't often post to the forum, but I do spend several hours each evening reading others posts. I've found this a good place to get information and learn about the CW and the software. When I do post to the forum it's to get an answer to a question that I don't know the answer to. That's what I did in this case, and my plan is to continue doing just that.

To the members of the forum: Forgive me if I've offended any of you with my ranting. I'm done now.

Thanks,
Joe
The inexorable thunderlizard of common courtesy lost

hess
10-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Funny how people find the need to jump on here and complain before simply picking up the telephone and asking them what the situation is. It seems to me to that it would be common courtesy give the person you want to gripe about a chance to learn of the situation and resolve it before complaining to God and everybody about it.

Sounds to me as if something was set wrong in some program that tracks returns and it just spit out a bunch of old tickets. Please give them a call and ask what is going on.

there must be more to it then just the returns. I just got emails stating my order's were competed on stuff I got long ago, Have only gotten one nl that was the one with the new program. and have yet to get this months project. So sorry Jeff looks like CW is having some problems keepen up

Hope they fix it soon as I would like the things I have paid for

As for calling them... Why is my time any less important then theirs Why do these same issues continue to happen

TIMCOSBY
10-07-2009, 09:50 PM
bad days.

o.k. i have lengthened the message to more than 10 characters.

PCW
10-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Joe,

You are a valued and respected member of this forum and you are more than right to let you opinion be noted here.

Sorry you had to lose some work hours to figure out it was only miscommunication on LHR part.

locovalley
10-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks for your kind post, Dan.

Joe